Meeting the day's food values

Options
Love this program! I am pretty familar with food, portions & nutrition, and I plan my food days before. But I come up with a this riddle...what has 6 gm protein, 24 carbs 3gm fat and 192 calories ?? I've had yogurt...Is there any suggestions or any other food calculators to come up with sample meals to hit the proportions? I need to loose fat not weight, and I do P90X, so I really need the calories........

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    nature valley sweet n salty almond bar has

22 carb, 7 fat, 3 protein and 160 cals.

it is the closest thing I have come across so far!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Not all macro targets are equal - It's OK to go over on protein for instance.

I'd concentrate on the calories primarily, and personally I'd watch the carbs.

Stir fried veg would give you the carbs without the calories or protein, just watch the oil you use.
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay away from the bars & sugar...I was doing a more high protein, limited starchy carb, NO corn syrup diet for over a year with P90X, which is heavy weight training (plus I do interval sprints). I just can't seem to get lean, so I am trying to change up the diet (like P90X changes the muscle rotation) to a little more healthy carb energy & a little less protein & see if I can spark it up !
  • LoriB57
    LoriB57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    BEANS !! Added half a cup of black beans to dinner. :smile: