Anyone use any awesome home workout dvds

Cmomma7686
Cmomma7686 Posts: 2
edited October 3 in Fitness and Exercise
Sooo Ill be honest, with you and myself... I work swing shift 11am-7pm, its the worst thing ever. I also have 2 young boys, 3 and 18mos. the combination of the two limit my ability to leave my house to work out. I had a membership at the Y that I rarely used becasue it was 1, 15miles away and 2, all my favorite classes were when I was at work :( Long story short.... Does anyone reccomend any awesome DVDs I could do from home?! minus P90x bc I dont want to spend the money :P

Replies

• I LOVE my Jillian Michael work out video's - esp 30 Day Shred. It's only $10 and is an intense 25min work out. It gets the job done :-)
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend.
    It is AMAZING and deceivingly tough!!! Plus, the instructor is great and her cues are easy to follow.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    If you have cable, there are a ton of exercise routines on On Demand, FitTV or exercise TV. You can do Leslie Sanone, Jillian MIchaels, Chris Freytag from prevention has some great ones.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Rocky IV !!!!!!
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Check out www.bodyrock.tv for short, super intense workouts that can be adapted to do without equipment. She usually includes modified moves in the videos :) All free
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Also, if you have Netflix, they have tons of stuff on their streaming library!
  • I like 30 day shred. Right now I use Turbo Fire, which is super fun and great workout. I also use p90x and Insanity. I just cancelled my gym membership because I get a great workout at home.
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    if you have an iphone absolutely download the nike training camp program...it's better than any other workout DVD i have tried and its FREE99. I use it religiously and love it.
  • FitnessDivaK
    FitnessDivaK Posts: 180 Member
    The 10 Minute Solutions workout DVD are pretty good.. You can find them at your local Wal-Mart for pretty cheap and the videos vary from yoga to dance. What's even better is that each DVD usually has about 5 separate 10 minute workouts, so you can do them in intervals if you can set aside a big chunk of time. You can also customize the workouts to play in whatever order you like. I'm currently doing the Hip-Hop Dance DVD and let me tell you...it is NO JOKE! That "little" 10 minutes kicked my butt! Hope this helps.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Supreme 90 - It is the poor man's version of P90X. It is a 90 day program that has 10 dvd's, a workout calendar, and eating guide. I really like it! I got it at Dollar General for $20.00 but you can order it online for the $20.00 plus S&H.

I also like the Jillian Michael 30 day shred. $10.00 at Walmart.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    If you have cable, there are a ton of exercise routines on On Demand, FitTV or exercise TV. You can do Leslie Sanone, Jillian MIchaels, Chris Freytag from prevention has some great ones.

Agreed! I love the following:

Hip Hop Abs - the most fun! Excellent cardio/total body and you get to dance! FUN! Did I mention FUN?
    Jillian Michaels - no longer than 30 minutes, excellent total body workouts
    Jackie Warner - no b.s. workouts, total body
    Jari Love - great weight training and cardio - 60 minutes +

Check out www.collagevideo.com for recommendations.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Crunch - Super SlimDown: Pilates Yoga Blend.
    It is AMAZING and deceivingly tough!!! Plus, the instructor is great and her cues are easy to follow.

Yes - this is a great workout - free on Netflix instant play.

Ellen Barret is the instructor - love her in Barefoot Cardio and Yogini too

I also like Kelly Coffey Meyer DVDs - 30 Minutes to Fitness is a series (DVDs have 2 workouts & lots of premixes) - There are several to choose from: bootcamp, weights, step, etc. Check out clips on collagevideo.com
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    You can do everything at home, get your on 'gym' :) I started with Jillian's DVD's and then saved money for adjustable weights, which I LOVE!! and also like to wog (walk/jog). I do have a dreadmill, but would rather be outside!
    Since I've started my weightloss journey 9months ago, I have yet stepped foot in a gym and don't plan to!
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    INSANITY... its by far the best cardio workout i have done.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Do you get Exercise TV? I love the 10 Pound Slimdown workouts.
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    i do the 30 day shred and like someone said earlier netflix has tons i have done kickboxing turbo and crunch :piliates
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Try "Supreme 90 Day System" - similar to P90x but only cost $23 from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Supreme-90-Day-System/dp/B004S2YN5O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1VRP66PJKJ3CJ&colid=186JPPIV6CILF

Bob Harper or Jillian Michaels DVDs.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    The 10 Minute Solutions workout DVD are pretty good.. You can find them at your local Wal-Mart for pretty cheap and the videos vary from yoga to dance. What's even better is that each DVD usually has about 5 separate 10 minute workouts, so you can do them in intervals if you can set aside a big chunk of time. You can also customize the workouts to play in whatever order you like. I'm currently doing the Hip-Hop Dance DVD and let me tell you...it is NO JOKE! That "little" 10 minutes kicked my butt! Hope this helps.
    I have to second this... I have the kickbox, ultimate bootcamp and the kettlebell workouts... all are really great!

I am also doing TurboFire which I love but it is more expensive.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Anything Jillian Michaels...especially if you're short on time

I'm also doing P90X right now and when I'm done, I'll do insanity
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    how do you search for exercise videos on netflix... I hate that thing. we have a wii.
This discussion has been closed.