Have you heard about this?

GTOgirl1969
GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
The guy that is suing his soon-to-be ex-wife to get his kidney back, that he donated to her?
He said it's because she cheated on him.

God, how petty and childish people can be!:frown:

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    The guy that is suing his soon-to-be ex-wife to get his kidney back, that he donated to her?
    He said it's because she cheated on him.

God, how petty and childish people can be!:frown:
  • nancy48
    nancy48 Posts: 18
    i have heard about it. the only thing worse would be for some attorney to take the case or some judge to let him prevail!
  • GTOgirl1969
    The only thing he deserves is a swift kick in the *kitten* for being such a jerk.:mad:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    well I personally don't think it's petty - he gives her a kidney and then she goes out and cheats on him with a physical therapist - personally I find that to be a real huge slap in the face

infidelity in any form really sucks - but you risk your life - and give something so precious as an organ to someone who you think is the love of your life and she goes and screws her therapist on ya -

well maybe she could have given him some respect and divorced him before she cheated on him

I do agree asking for the Kidney back is a bit much - I'd laugh if she had it removed and gave it back to him -

Legally I don't think he has a chance as the kidney was a gift - but hey he's pissed and I don't really blame him - I've seen other jilted spouses send flyers - post stuff on web sites - he's just doing it in a bigger way
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    well I personally don't think it's petty - he gives her a kidney and then she goes out and cheats on him with a physical therapist - personally I find that to be a real huge slap in the face

infidelity in any form really sucks - but you risk your life - and give something so precious as an organ to someone who you think is the love of your life and she goes and screws her therapist on ya -

well maybe she could have given him some respect and divorced him before she cheated on him

I do agree asking for the Kidney back is a bit much - I'd laugh if she had it removed and gave it back to him -

Legally I don't think he has a chance as the kidney was a gift - but hey he's pissed and I don't really blame him - I've seen other jilted spouses send flyers - post stuff on web sites - he's just doing it in a bigger way

Ditto 100%. :bigsmile:
  • jojo52610
    The only thing he deserves is a swift kick in the *kitten* for being such a jerk.:mad:

And what does she deserve a high five ??? I'm not getting why he's the jerk
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    I actually saw that he doesn't actually expect her to give it back so instead he is asking for like a million dollars in restitution. Pure insanity!
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    I heard any even sadder thing today on the Today Show. Some man in CA tried to sell his 14 yr old daughter into marriage with an 18 yr old for 100 CASES OF BEER! Then when he didn't get the beer he called the cops and told them. He was obviously arrested. Weirdos! Poor girl...I hope she gets help...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Maybe I would feel different if it was me but I take it she needed the transplant to live.

If she cheated on him that was of course a crappy thing to do and he should be angry,hurt...etc.
    I can`t blame him for walking away but if he cared at one point about her he should still be glad he was able to keep her alive and take the higher ground on that point.
  • jojo52610
    I heard any even sadder thing today on the Today Show. Some man in CA tried to sell his 14 yr old daughter into marriage with an 18 yr old for 100 CASES OF BEER! Then when he didn't get the beer he called the cops and told them. He was obviously arrested. Weirdos! Poor girl...I hope she gets help...

Now he needs to be on that show worlds dumbest criminals - like the one guy who filled out a job application with his real name and address at a convience store - and then an hour later came back and robbed it
  • GTOgirl1969

And what does she deserve a high five ??? I'm not getting why he's the jerk

I understand that she cheated and she is a MEGA jerk for doing that, but him demanding back a bodily organ is just too much. It reminds me of being a little kid, and getting mad when your friends wouldn't play the game the way you like, and taking your ball and going home. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers here.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

I think it is petty.

If he gave the kidney for the right reasons, to save her life, because he loved her, then he'd never think to ask for it back, or for the monetary worth of it.

If it were a kid who gave his best friend his cool toy, but demanded it back when the best friend began to play with another kid, we'd call it petty.

I am in no way comparing kids and infidelity, but the infidelity is unrelated to the gifting of the kidney.
    (Although it is a HUGE slap in the face for her to cheat with her physical therapist. Probably an unintentional slap.)

Another legal reason I don't think it can fly--- it's puts a price on a body part, and therefore makes selling of body parts legal. That would be a no-no.
  • jojo52610
    GTO Judge no ruffled feathers -

Infidelity is a very touchy subject for me - so probably shouldn't have posted here in the first place

:flowerforyou:
  • new here, but this a subject close to my heart.
    My man had a kidney transplant just 4 months ago, from his brother,
    without it he would be on dialysis by now, which, if you don't know, is a life consuming and difficult process, and he would probably be dead in 5 years, he is doing fantastic, back to work at a very physically demanding job, and grateful for every day he has of good health.

The kidney was given out of love, if your feelings change, that is too bad, to consider trying to take back an organ is disgraceful and selfish, no matter how upset this person is about the infidelity it certainly does not warrant the return of a life, w/o the kidney this person will have a consideribly shortened life span and a very reduced quality of life, yes being cheated on hurts, but it won't kill you.

Maybe too close to this situation to think objectivly but revenge solves nothing.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

Infidelity is a very touchy subject for me - so probably shouldn't have posted here in the first place

(((hugs)))

We all have our own touchy subjects :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969

No, it is quite alright. Infidelity is a sore subject for me too, I have been cheated on in both serious relationships I have ever been in, and I have been the "cheater" as well. It sucks no matter what side of the issue you are on.