End of the road?

Options
2»

Replies

• Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Neil, there's not much more for me to say than what has already been said so well by others. A few months ago, I gained 10 pounds in a week - 10 pounds!! I forget exactly what you said to me, but it was wonderfully "Neil-esque". I still haven't lost all 10 of those pounds, but I've realized it's not all about the number on the scale. I feel healthy and strong. So strong that I'll personally come to the UK and kick your butt if you quit! I can't survive MFP without my Candy Man!! Just think - these last few weeks you've had enough visitors to make you crazy, little sleep, lots of stress and excitement - so you gained a few pounds? You've lost a whole bunch more and started a healthy new life for your beautiful girls!
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    dont worry about 9 pounds, I sometimes gain 5 back over a weekend, and I dont even behave that bad, it usually comes off in less than a week.

ALso, when you go from losing weight to maintain, you progressively increase your intake, you dont go straight from a 600/700 calories deficit to a brutal flat.

Keep working on that, if anything, your kid is gonna thank you enough in the future because you will keep up when it comes to sports, to being outside etc... and giving good eating and exercising habits!

if you are just doing MFP to lose weight just once and plan to stop looking at what you are eating in the future, then yes it's a waste of time and effort, but if you do understand that this is a lifetime commitment to you and above all to your family, just keep logging in, complete your diary, understand your body and needs, dont give up that easily!

losing weight is not a straight line down, but more a roller coaster, at the end of the ride you are at the bottom and that's what matters!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    What is 9 pounds when you have lost so much? I had put on 4 pounds in a week, weighed myself today and had lost 5! weightloss is swings and round abouts. Be proud of what you have done so far and go forward x
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi my little sausagkins...I remember all those fun posts from u,all the support u gave me when I had down days,and yor posts about yor babies,and how proud u are of all of yor lovely family.
    Wat about stayin on,just not for anything but to keep in touch,tell us abt yor family,etc,then when u feel in the right frame of mind,gettin it back together again?i think u have post baby blues,my lovely Neil,it passes...ask yor good lady about how proud she is of u,cos we all Are!!!
    Gonna pm u too,love ya Neil,don't leave us!!!
    Xxxxx