My story w/pics

Options
FitRodr
FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
Like many others I was waiting to post after I got to my goal but I am 10 lbs away & while looking at my MFP pics decided I'd share my journey (so far).

I was skinny as a rail until I had my first child at 19. After that I teetered and really didn't struggle much afterall, I had a little one to chase around. In 1989 I had a partial hysterectomy (sp?) and started to gain. But I went on WW and lost most of it until 2003 when I lost my dad, my daughter got her license, my son got married, I turned 40, got a divorce, moved twice, started a new job, and fell down some stairs and blew out a couple of discs in my lower back. I think that's all. I fell into a very deep depression. I would hardly leave the house, cried all the time, stayed in bed as much as possible, stopped existing, wouldn't socialize and walked around like a zombie. As much as I'm not sure I want to admit it here, I tried suicide but an angel saved me 2 times. After much counseling, trial & error medication and HUGE amounts of support from my family (noodleheadgal). I started to come out of it. But I was at a whopping 244 lbs (maybe more). I'd look in the mirror and see a big YUK so I avoided it as much as I could. I started WW again and got down to 195 lbs. I started working again and socializing.

Then I entered a new relationship (bad) and slowly put on about 20 lbs. Relationship ended, I wasn't going to let myself fall again. I had the tools to make it through anything now. Then I met the man of my dreams and in 2009 we were married. I weighed 214 lbs (he loved me like I was). Since the fall down the stairs, I've had surgery and although it improved my mobility I was still very limited. In April 2010 I was going to the orthopedic doctor regularly and trying to get better but suffered a spinal headache after a test they'd given me I was in the hospital for almost a week. In November I started seeing a chiropractor (my 3rd angel). I've been getting better ever since. January 10, 2011 I knew that it was up to me to be healthy and strong. I started MFP and was hooked. I've lost 41 lbs since starting my healthy me. I could barely get in & out of the car before. Yesterday... I rode 9 miles on my stationary bike, did home yoga and walked 2 miles on the track.

Other than this post, I try not to look back and see only the future where I am healthy, strong and confident. My hubby loves the new body, but he loved the old one too. I've went from a size 18-20 to a 12 in most things. I feel younger, I look younger, I am soooo much better.

If you are here and you don't think it's possible to get where you want to go... think again. We all have issues of one kind or another. I think the trick is to see them as obstacles and find ways to put them behind you. I log every day, no matter how many bad choices I've made. I exercise at least 5 days a week and I eat most of those calories back (fuel). It's been a long journey to this point but everyday that I sign on MFP I feel empowered by the friends I've made and the accountability to myself that I have mastered. I won't stop when I get to maintenance, I need to SEE how I treat my body.

I start each day with a stretch before I get out of bed and 3 very deep breaths where I say positive affirmations " I am strong, healthy, happy, capable, kind, fulfilled, positive....." you get the point. I live each day one at a time. I try not to let others problems become my own. I try to be kind and respectful to everyone.

I am a changed person - you can be too! Add me if you'd like but beware I am honest and a little sassy - LOL

10 lbs to go then we'll see where I go from there... All I want is to LIVE HEALTHIER EVER AFTER

Comparison
fattoskinnier.jpg
Wedding 2009
RodrWedding24bmp.jpg
CatTG2008.jpg
Me & Noodle Easter 2011
KatCat.jpg
32 down
32down.jpg
Now! 10 to go
CatTSept2011.jpg

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing story!
    Keep up the good work :)
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    What an inspiring story - thanks for sharing ALL of it! Great job in not only losing the weight, but getting your LIFE back! You look great! With your great outlook now, I'm SURE you'll reach all of your goals! CONGRATS!
  • IggyL
    IggyL Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have overcome so much, be very proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • carlarikin
    carlarikin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! Keep it up!
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amazing job...you look fabulous!
  • OlibecaMom
    Options
    Good for you! An amazing jouney. You should be very proud of yourself. Speaking personally, depression is a very serious medical condition and I'm glad you are working through it. My husband suffers from depression and also attempted suicide 3 years ago. I know it's something he works on daily. Best of luck on your last 10 pounds! Keep up the great work.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Your story is very inspiring...thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    amazing! so proud of your accomplishments. great work
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    What an inspiring story - thanks for sharing ALL of it! Great job in not only losing the weight, but getting your LIFE back! You look great! With your great outlook now, I'm SURE you'll reach all of your goals! CONGRATS!
  • eatnbetter
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!
  • blancs18
    Options
    GAH! This made me want to cry lol but it's so inspiring. I can understand you when you say you were depressed. Of course my problems were a bit different than yours but it's so easy to think suicide is the answer. But then I look at my life now and I think back to how I'm glad I never harmed myself. We always got to keep the mentality that bad things will pass and it's our choice to make our life positive. Thanks for sharing your story. :flowerforyou:
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great Job. You have overcome so many obstacles.
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    What an amazing inspiring story! You truly are a strong motivated woman and you look fabulous!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • allifaith
    Options
    Wow!! you look awesome!!:smile:
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story and beautiful you...I'm so glad you added me as a friend this week!
    Diana
  • LovelyLo23
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. You really inspire me.
  • reinach31
    Options
    Like many others I was waiting to post after I got to my goal but I am 10 lbs away & while looking at my MFP pics decided I'd share my journey (so far).

I was skinny as a rail until I had my first child at 19. After that I teetered and really didn't struggle much afterall, I had a little one to chase around. In 1989 I had a partial hysterectomy (sp?) and started to gain. But I went on WW and lost most of it until 2003 when I lost my dad, my daughter got her license, my son got married, I turned 40, got a divorce, moved twice, started a new job, and fell down some stairs and blew out a couple of discs in my lower back. I think that's all. I fell into a very deep depression. I would hardly leave the house, cried all the time, stayed in bed as much as possible, stopped existing, wouldn't socialize and walked around like a zombie. As much as I'm not sure I want to admit it here, I tried suicide but an angel saved me 2 times. After much counseling, trial & error medication and HUGE amounts of support from my family (noodleheadgal). I started to come out of it. But I was at a whopping 244 lbs (maybe more). I'd look in the mirror and see a big YUK so I avoided it as much as I could. I started WW again and got down to 195 lbs. I started working again and socializing.

Then I entered a new relationship (bad) and slowly put on about 20 lbs. Relationship ended, I wasn't going to let myself fall again. I had the tools to make it through anything now. Then I met the man of my dreams and in 2009 we were married. I weighed 214 lbs (he loved me like I was). Since the fall down the stairs, I've had surgery and although it improved my mobility I was still very limited. In April 2010 I was going to the orthopedic doctor regularly and trying to get better but suffered a spinal headache after a test they'd given me I was in the hospital for almost a week. In November I started seeing a chiropractor (my 3rd angel). I've been getting better ever since. January 10, 2011 I knew that it was up to me to be healthy and strong. I started MFP and was hooked. I've lost 41 lbs since starting my healthy me. I could barely get in & out of the car before. Yesterday... I rode 9 miles on my stationary bike, did home yoga and walked 2 miles on the track.

Other than this post, I try not to look back and see only the future where I am healthy, strong and confident. My hubby loves the new body, but he loved the old one too. I've went from a size 18-20 to a 12 in most things. I feel younger, I look younger, I am soooo much better.

If you are here and you don't think it's possible to get where you want to go... think again. We all have issues of one kind or another. I think the trick is to see them as obstacles and find ways to put them behind you. I log every day, no matter how many bad choices I've made. I exercise at least 5 days a week and I eat most of those calories back (fuel). It's been a long journey to this point but everyday that I sign on MFP I feel empowered by the friends I've made and the accountability to myself that I have mastered. I won't stop when I get to maintenance, I need to SEE how I treat my body.

I start each day with a stretch before I get out of bed and 3 very deep breaths where I say positive affirmations " I am strong, healthy, happy, capable, kind, fulfilled, positive....." you get the point. I live each day one at a time. I try not to let others problems become my own. I try to be kind and respectful to everyone.

I am a changed person - you can be too! Add me if you'd like but beware I am honest and a little sassy - LOL

10 lbs to go then we'll see where I go from there... All I want is to LIVE HEALTHIER EVER AFTER

Comparison
    fattoskinnier.jpg
    Wedding 2009
    RodrWedding24bmp.jpg
    CatTG2008.jpg
    Me & Noodle Easter 2011
    KatCat.jpg
    32 down
    32down.jpg
    Now! 10 to go
    CatTSept2011.jpg

What an amazing story! You are AMAZING! Great job for never giving up! Moving forward, I will remember to say something positive about myself and thank GOD for another day!
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    AWESOMEEE job!!! keep it up!
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!