New Girl In Town

Options
So I've hit a breaking point and got booted over to this site by a friend of mine.
This morning I weighed in at 240 lbs which absolutely devastated me. I was a ballet dancer for thirteen years so to see any number that high on the scale makes me so unhappy.

But it also made me determined to lose weight. 100 lbs to go. Let's do this!

Replies

• cjrutledge
    cjrutledge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • PrettyLittleLiar79
    Options
    Good Luck!! You can do it!
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome. I don't know if you have ever dieted before but if you have, you will be so happy that you have found this site. It is so much better for weight loss than the so called dieting. I love it. I can actually eat real food and still lose some weight. It is so easy to use. It does work and it will work for you. I do enter my food before I eat it because it helps me not go over on my calories, ect. If I mess up with chocolate like I did this morning, I can make up for it some where else. You really don't have to torture yourself on this site. Good Luck!
  • HEik
    HEik Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in a similar boat. Once you get that smack in the face, the motivation comes more easily. Mine came in the form of a photo of me. I'm hoping the "community" here will help out.
    Add me if you need a friend.
    Either way, always remember why you're doing it... and I wish you luck.
  • tropicalicyicy
    tropicalicyicy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    good luck!! i've never been successful at losing weight until MFP, you'll love it here! add me if you want :)
  • mjativa
    mjativa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Faenaria
    Faenaria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I can't wait (no pun intended) to see that scale number go down. :drinker:
  • Retri33
    Retri33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! MFP is very motivating! :smile:
  • Faenaria
    Options
    This is more for me, but these are some photos to put things into perspective
    I used to be a model - these shots were taken right before I quit because I thought I was too fat.
    corsetthomas.jpg
    corsetesperenza.jpg
    n670061150_1454827_3317.jpg
    Picture180.jpg
  • Faenaria
    Options
    corsetthomas.jpg
    corsetesperenza.jpg
    n670061150_1454827_3317.jpg
    Picture180.jpg