Being Fat and Wearing High Heels.........

Options
2»

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Why would you WANT to wear them?? I've never understood- way too painful. Of course I do have some Fred Flintstone feet so maybe that's my problem

I admit that I do not ever buy cheap heels, I spend money on them. They don't hurt when you buy good brands (and don't go SUPER high). Cheap (and that means Kohl's, Target, etc) they just don't have the cushioning that makes the high end shoes (even middle of the road shoes) more comfortable.

Also it takes practice to walk in heels. I can walk a long time in mine and not have my feet hurt, heck I have some that have a 2+ inch heel that I can run in, they aren't super thin stilettos but they aren't a chunky heel either.
  • Faenaria
    Faenaria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE high heels, but I'm not cursed with cankles, so maybe that's part of it.
  • miss_amy
    Options
    omg this thread makes me LOL! i always have feared looking bad in them even though i don't have cankles and never have. i'm more of a flats kind of gal, but i must say i always get complimented when i wear heels so maybe i should wear them more often! ;)
  • Faenaria
    Faenaria Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Also, I think that model on the magazine cover is ROCKING her heels. She looks great.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i rock some heels. i'm nearly six feet tall and i have thick ankles - not cankles, but not really defined either, they can't make up their minds - and i love them. i feel sexy in them. i don't worry about the small heels either. i wear a 12, so they're all designed for a man's weight anyway. love heels!
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm the chick that is afraid to wear heels until I lose more weight. I just broke my ankle taking laundry down the stairs so there's a definite possibility that I would break my ankle wearing heels :laugh:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    go out in high heels, and come back in flip flops! LOL :laugh:
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    The degree of my 'canklage' seems to vary from week to week. On semi cankle days I will wear my heels but on one of my many omfg full on canklemania days, I like to keep the trotters encased in boots.:happy:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

LOL!!

Yeah, I'm scared I'm going to fall and break a bone lol. I'm definitely going to try when I am at my goal weight

THIS... THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I feel like when I walk in heels....

walking-in-heels.gif

ROFLLLLL
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm scared this will happen to me if I am sporting some high pumps... lol

tumblr_lq0hqqMO1l1qkzs8y.gif
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Cankles is one thing, but "baking bread" out of your sandal and a heel that's about to blow and take out someone's eye is another.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options

LOL!!

Yeah, I'm scared I'm going to fall and break a bone lol. I'm definitely going to try when I am at my goal weight

THIS... THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I feel like when I walk in heels....

walking-in-heels.gif

ROFLLLLL

OMW!!! Ouch!! That hurts just to watch it.

I wear heels - blessed with pretty nice legs and shoes are the only thing I still wear the same size as in high school.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

LOL!!

walking-in-heels.gif

ROFLLLLL

Oh my land, that is so hilarious!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And this one too. tumblr_lq0hqqMO1l1qkzs8y.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Cankles is one thing, but "baking bread" out of your sandal and a heel that's about to blow and take out someone's eye is another.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! This is freakin hilarious!!!!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options

This is me too......and if I forgot flip flops it's bare feet.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I wear high (3-1/2 inch) heels all the time and super-high (4+ inches) heels once in a while. Heels make you look taller and skinnier, not heavier. As long as they are grandma-heels, that is.