Those last ten pounds...

Options
Ive had some ups and downs over the past couple of years. It seemed like all the compliments were motivation enough when I first started my weight loss journey. I got down to an almost scary adult weight of 107, and people began to ask me if I was sick. I decided I needed to put on a few lbs. Around the same time I went through a divorce and it was easy enough to gain some weight. Unfortunately however I didn't do it in a healthy way. I now weigh 128, which is a long way from where I began but my goal of 115 just doesn't seem to get any closer. I'd even go for 120 with no problems. I switched up my running routine with some weight training and elliptical. I work out 5-6 days a week, and for the most part eat pretty healthy. The last bit of weight just won't budge. I wonder sometimes if your body knows a weight it feels most comfortable at, and when it gets there it doesn't want to give up anything. Good news is I have an amazing boyfriend who is very supportive and helps me stay on track and even works out with me. I also have been taking a few vitamins to help my metabolism and energy. Any words of wisdom out there?

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Hey, Sorry I didn't read your post because your picture is seriously bugging my OCD.

You can make a free account really easily on Photobucket.com then upload your picture, and flip it around so it's orientated properly. You could also crop it and fix the colour :)

Ok bai!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    We are in the exact same boat now! I have weighed about the same for 2.5 weeks so I may have hit a plateau. Every time this has happened before I have increased my exercising and fought my way out of it, so I am trying that again over the next few weeks. I now weigh 127 and am trying to get down to 117 (what I weighed when I was 21). I have no issues with energy, but I do take a multi-vitamin every day and drink diet mountain dew :) (I know it is not good for me, but I love caffeine).

Maybe switch your macronutrient mix to up protein and slightly lower carbs? That also helps me and is necessary since I exercise so much (right now trying for 15 hours a week). My muscles need the protein!

Have you had your body fat % measured? I think that is probably the best way of knowing where your body is, much better than weight or BMI. At a low enough body fat %, your body will not want to lose more weight. My gym does it, maybe you have a gym nearby or a doctor who could do it? I am at 21.6% now but aiming for a super-healthy 18%. Whatever weight I am at 18% will be my new goal weight.

Friend request on the way!
  • mrsknotts
    Options
    Yukonjoy I fixed my pic :)