Restaurant - Chicken vs Veggie Burger

Options
So, going to a burger joint tonite. Lots of gourmet burgers - I can opt for a chicken breast or veggie burger instead of a regular fatty burger.
Which one would you choose and why?
Which one do you think has the less calories?

*it's a burger place, I'm not ordering a salad :-)

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    CHicken breast due to the lack of a bun
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Less calories, chicken breast. Less sodium? prob. the real burger.
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast - less sodium than veggie burger. And more delicious!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breast!
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    See if they have a turkey burger w/ avocado, or chicken with same. This is what I typically opt for
  • techymum
    Options
    I would actually order a burger! Add tomatoes, lettuce, but leave off any mayo, bacon, cheese. Re veggie burgers, I make my own, but am not into pre-made veggie burgers. Who knows what in the world is in them!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I do chicken breast. I am never sure how a veggie burger will taste. It can be made so many different ways. Chicken is Chicken. Calories will depend on whats on it and what the veggie burger consists of.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    veggie burger

but I am a v egetarian so would not eat the chicken :)
    do you know how either of them are going to be cooked
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger... because I'm vegan :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd go for the chicken for the great protein!

Really depends what's in the veggie burger - lot of uncertainty there.
  • wxkris
    Options
    I would ask them if their veggie burger is frozen and/or store bought (aka like a Boca burger or Morningstar). Some restaurants have really good veggie burgers that are worth trying, since you can get chicken anywhere.
  • liquidsnape
    Options
    I usually go for either the Chicken Breast or Turkey burger on a lettuce "bun". You get a nice bit of protein and low fat and carbs. Are you going to Red Robin by chance? Mine lets you substitute the french fries (avoid if you can one serving is over 400 calories) for a side salad, broccolli or cantelope. Order extra veggies for your burger though they are rather skimpy on the toppings for wraps
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger but I love veggie burgers. But if you aren't a huge veggie burger fan do the chicken and make sure it's grilled.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!

I should clarify - The chicken or veggie burger WILL be on a bun, with whatever fun toppings come on the "burger" I order. Salt is not a concern today.

I was leaning towards the veggie burger (I usually make my own too!), but now I'm thinking chicken.
    Thank you!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If it's a grilled chicken breast no breadcrumbs/batter etc then probably lower calorie to go for chicken, often vegie burgers are fried and full of all sorts. why not try calling the restaurant ahead and ask for the nutritional info (if they have it, even an estimate) good luck :-)