THAT photo from hell

Options
Recently my photo was on the company's Facebook page. Luckily I removed the "tag" option because I was horrified on what I saw. Is that a linebacker or me? I was embarrased I let myself go. I had enough.

I have wanted to lose the weight for a while but it takes a wake up call and a strong determination to say "Im ready for a change." So far I have had almost a week on this program and I have to say I actually do love it. My best friend signed up today.

To the rest of you, I wish you the best. I am new to this program. I have a wicked sense of humor and a weakness for my mom's cooking. I'm willing to share my journey with others if you are funny, open minded, and struggle as hell everyday on that treadmill.

Rosie

Replies

• sandhillcrane
    Options
    I'm right there with ya! I run from the camera!! I have lost almost 15 in a month but still want to get another 15ish off!
    Welcome! Add me as a friend if you like! Good luck...you'll love it here. It works!!:smokin:
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rosie!!!

That is where I notice when I have put on weight! In my photos. When I remember back to those times I didnt feel big but I ask my fiance, "why didnt you tell me I was fat". He always says, "You were never fat babe just getting a little chubby" hehe

Anyway this is a great site. I never noticed what I put into my mouth until I started logging in here and making better choices with the support of all these lovely people. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love this site too. It has helped me learn so much about what to eat and how to eat. I knew I had gained weight but like you, a photo of me got my attention. I have been here since Sept 1 and lost 5 pounds so I am very happpy. Good luck to you and I have a good sense of humor myself. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Had a photo like that too. A family reunion back in 2008. I wanted to cry because that is not how I saw myself at all. I wanted to burn it, but ya know family photo's gotta go in the album, lol, that I didn't own :) BIG wake up call for sure for me. ~
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    SAME here ! I took my 2 1/2 yo daughter to Disney for the 1st time in June, and when I saw the pictures and videos, I just wanted to CRY.... All I kept thinking was - OMGee, my daughter will always look back at our "1st Disney Vacation" and see her mom as a whale in these pics.... Made me SO sad, because I dont want her to be embarrased of me.

So I made this life changing decision on July 22, and havent looked back since !

MFP is AMAZING ! The total strangers that are willing to jump up and hold your hand through this process, is just mind boggling !

So, WELCOME ! And here's to hoping you will have a smooth ride and meet your goals with a smile on your face ! :drinker:

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you want to.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck!
    You can do it. <3:smile:
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Same happened to me, after I was tagged by colleagues after field placement on a trip to peru.

I was like 'wtf.....' at the pics cause I looked 50lbs heavier (i was about 80lbs over a healthy weight)

It's funny how we can take 100s of pics ourselves, and toss the bad ones to the side, forget about, or delete them, writing them off as 'just bad pics'...but as soon as someone else does, you actually notice.

Was a game-changer for me.

Maybe its the push you need.

good luck.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have a number of those, and very embarressed. I stay on the other side of the camera. Good luck
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have a great sense of humour you have to with the body I was given.My wake up was at my sons house playing on the connect and it showed an all action picture of me (not a pretty site).Love MY cooking cos I am a mum and we all love to cook..feel free to friend me.This site is amazing totally hooked best part is its FREE!!!!!!!
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Yeah, I hate looking back at pictures and realizing that I look like a whale when I thought I looked cute. That's what is really motivating me now haha.