New Member But Not a First Time Dieter

First I want to say hi to everyone and that I have my mother to thank for sending me this link (in a good way :laugh: ). It feels like I have been on a diet for so long because its been so many years. But nothing really worked until the diet I am now on. Last January 2008 I started this diet after lapsing and I was doing so well and then I had an internship and just stuff got in the way. OI stopped writing in it or lying so I gave up. Food while a big problem is not the main problem although I'll admit it can be but its mostly the excercise I seem to have major issues with (although the food and eating has become a problem too.) There doesnt seem to be time to excercise or I make excuses as to why I cant do it. Since January I was keeping a food journal but nothing like this site. This is amazing I can plug in my food and it keeps track of my carbohydrates (which I am on a low carb diet so thats perfect) among other nutritional facts. The best part is the excercise section while today is what I am calling my official first day of my diet because I am adding an actual excercise regiment in I am also going to try to eat better. I dont know if others have this issue but I tend to skip breakfast I mean eating nothing...although sometimes I'll have a cup of milk or half a cup of orange juice but then i can go hours with out eating lunch as well because I am not hungry or just get so busy that by the time I can eat I am no longer hungry. Either way this always leads to me crashing and eating a huge dinner, and snack while low carb its still not good and I recognize that. I started graduate school and an internship in September and there is no time but I am consciously making a descision to find time to try to eat better and to make sure I excercise because I have set a goal of June 1 because for once I want to feel good when the summer comes along and I hope that next January will be the first New Years that my resolution does not have anything to do with diet and excercise.:bigsmile: This site is great because of the community I never had that except for my mother so I look foward to getting support from all of you and to being hopefully able to support as well.

Replies

• pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    First I want to say hi to everyone and that I have my mother to thank for sending me this link (in a good way :laugh: ). It feels like I have been on a diet for so long because its been so many years. But nothing really worked until the diet I am now on. Last January 2008 I started this diet after lapsing and I was doing so well and then I had an internship and just stuff got in the way. OI stopped writing in it or lying so I gave up. Food while a big problem is not the main problem although I'll admit it can be but its mostly the excercise I seem to have major issues with (although the food and eating has become a problem too.) There doesnt seem to be time to excercise or I make excuses as to why I cant do it. Since January I was keeping a food journal but nothing like this site. This is amazing I can plug in my food and it keeps track of my carbohydrates (which I am on a low carb diet so thats perfect) among other nutritional facts. The best part is the excercise section while today is what I am calling my official first day of my diet because I am adding an actual excercise regiment in I am also going to try to eat better. I dont know if others have this issue but I tend to skip breakfast I mean eating nothing...although sometimes I'll have a cup of milk or half a cup of orange juice but then i can go hours with out eating lunch as well because I am not hungry or just get so busy that by the time I can eat I am no longer hungry. Either way this always leads to me crashing and eating a huge dinner, and snack while low carb its still not good and I recognize that. I started graduate school and an internship in September and there is no time but I am consciously making a descision to find time to try to eat better and to make sure I excercise because I have set a goal of June 1 because for once I want to feel good when the summer comes along and I hope that next January will be the first New Years that my resolution does not have anything to do with diet and excercise.:bigsmile: This site is great because of the community I never had that except for my mother so I look foward to getting support from all of you and to being hopefully able to support as well.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Hi, welcome and good luck. The tools and the support you get here are amazing! :smokin:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Welcome and Good Luck!!

127051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    thank you so much. I actually just finished my first workout. man I hate excercising :laugh: but like i said its what i have to do. :wink: I am going to try to come on here updates and support but its so great that you all came to welcome me. I think that the support is what i was missing. My mother and family are great but i have those friends who eat and dont care how they look or care but dont do anything. Well i can be friends with them because i love them but its time i put me first and that is why i am here for me. SO thank you and hopefully for the first time in my life I will actually reach the finish line :love: