"MEAT LOVERS" PITA PIZZA

Options
herrshiro
herrshiro Posts: 17 Member
2624ju9.jpg

Lately I've been trying to front-load my day with a large early meal (call it breakfast, call it lunch…depends on when I wake up).

Today's meal wasn't "healthy," but it was awesome and will keep the hunger away for quite a while. I'm eating 2200 calories a day (at my height/weight, that's a deficit enough to lose about 1/2 pound a week), so I still have plenty left for sensible afternoon/evening meals.

MEAT LOVERS PITA PIZZA

1 Large Authentic Lebanese Pita Bread | 180 Calories
17 slices Turkey Pepperoni | 70 Calories
1/4 cup Pizza Sauce | 25 Calories
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese | 160 Calories
2 patties, chopped, Turkey Breakfast Sausage | 100 Calories
2 slices Super Thick Cut Bacon | 180 Calories

Total Calories: 715
Total Awesomeness: 100%

I have one of those shelf broilers under the oven. I turn the oven on normal broil as I'm prepping the pizza (I cook the sausage and bacon earlier and tupperware it). I put the pizza in the oven and let it bake about 5 minutes. Then I put it in broil shelf for a minute or two — you have to watch it here because you can get burned pizza fast!

Usually I make this w/o bacon and sausage, which is a more reasonable 435 calories.

5nulab.jpg

Replies

• BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ymmm
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting a recipe a man can eat! :D All I ever see here are the "oh look at my 200 calorie dinner" posted by one of the 1200-calorie a day womenfolk :P
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That looks really good. Making pizza with pita or english muffins is great, since it's so easy and you can have any toppings you want. I think I may have to make myself a reuben pita pizza. :bigsmile:
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting a recipe a man can eat! :D All I ever see here are the "oh look at my 200 calorie dinner" posted by one of the 1200-calorie a day womenfolk :P

Haha! Us women eat pizza too :tongue:
  • hfrost1978
    Options
    bump