exercise scheduling question

Options
so, a couple days a week (wednesday and friday, every other monday) i walk my daughter to and from. total its almost 3 miles of walking for me. every wednesday i walk 1.3 miles round trip to pick up my produce box. the weight varies, but today it was 18.8 pounds.
yesterday i started 30 day shred (again >.>) and im wondering if i should actually do it every day. when i did it before i did, but i also wasnt walking as much; im fact it was the only exercise i was doing. i dont want to hurt my self or push too hard, but id like to do as much as possible and try to stick with it this time around.
what would you do?

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I would take days off from 30DS to rest and rebuild your muscles. It's important to do. Jillian says so! LOL :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    try doing everything for a few days....see how your body reacts..it might be ok..or it might scream...so just pay attention
  • auntied
    auntied Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of 30DS I had to modify it. I can't do jumpin jacks or those butt kicks (I'm old) an have bad knees and schines (or how ever you spell them.) But I try and do it everyother day. Everyday I do my Wii Yoga and hula hoop plus a few others if I have time. I try and get AT LEAST 30 min in. Then the days I don't do 30DS I ride my stationary bike 40 min takes me 11.5 trying to get to 12 miles. And I have 6 different rounties for weight lifting and I do one every day for about 30 - 40 min depending on what it is. I would LOVE to walk outside but we don't live where that is possible (if you know what I mean) I just try and keep busy 6 days a week.

Do what you can when you can it will work. !
  • pocomama
    pocomama Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. I walk an average of 3 miles a day. A few times a week I push it up to 6. When I do the shred I try to do it every day for the 30 days. But, if your body cant handle it it will tell you and you have to listen. Sometimes I know that it is too much and I need to back off a little bit. I think if you keep your walk at a leisurely pace then wont be as hard on you to shred too.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would see how you feel. I am about half way through with the 30DS and I mix in other exercise with it (jogging a few miles, playing softball, walking, etc). If you can handle it, I would continue to do both, but if you are in pain then just do one :). Good luck!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all the advice guys! ill give it a few days of doing it all and see how it goes. heres hoping i can do it !