Almost 50 lbs down! With Pics :)

Options
I've been running the long road of being a stay at home, home schooling mom, and cake decorator for years. It wasn't until May of this year that I decided I was tired of being tired. Reality struck when I was featured in a local magazine on my cake decorating. I patiently waited for the issue to arrive...and boy did it show how bad I needed MFP!! I was devastated, mortified, and beyond disbelief when I saw the photos. I cried and cried hating myself. I didn't SEE in myself what I saw in those photos, I mean, I knew I was fat, but for some reason I looked in the mirror and didn't see that person staring back at me. But there it was, in full color...from my thighs up..my nightmare. June was the month I decided I wasn't going to be the plump baker anymore! I weighed in at my starting point, before MFP, at 233.3 lbs...

IMG-20110927-00052.jpg

That is what I saw staring back at me from the cold page.. like a slap in the face, I knew it was time..

Since then, I'm down almost 50 lbs (just 1.4 lbs to go!)..and yesterday I took these!

newme1.jpg
IMG-20110927-00037.jpg]
newme2.jpg
If it had not been for the wonderful and inspiring people I've met here, I would NOT have gone this far! I have 30 more to go until I get to my healthy weight, but as of this week, I'm no longer OBESE!! :)

Replies

• daves160
    Options
    That is awesome! It really feels good to see results. And it is inspiring to see yours Thank you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/daves160
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Change your iMG to lower case img
  • Bonny272
    Bonny272 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a homeschooling mommy too and I know how easy it is to just slip into the kitchen and eat more than you should (and that's with!out cake around). I've just started and I've got about 50 to lose too. Very inspiring
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    Congrats on an AMAZING job!!!! You look great!
  • yummummum
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing!!!! SO much younger too! What an inspiration! Congrats!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    yes!!! you look great!! wtg!!!
  • LixxiKitti
    Options
    you look great, well done!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You look like a totally different person. BRAND NEW!

Way to go, gorgeous!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Congrats on working so hard. Yo:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: u look Amazing!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look great! What a big difference in your face!
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome job!!! You are beautiful :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING and I am so proud of you....I feel privileged to have you as my friend. Look at what you have accomplished in such a short time...Rock on girl!

PS Don't forget you look 10 years younger:bigsmile:
  • Glam0809
    Options
    Very nice! You look great!
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!! I also started in may and have lost 40lbs! Good job!!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It has been so hard, but my friend Lazatin..awesome chick, btw,..has been an inspiration and motivator in my journey! Thank you Laz!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It has been so hard, but my friend Lazatin..awesome chick, btw,..has been an inspiration and motivator in my journey! Thank you Laz!!!:flowerforyou:
    AAWWWWW! that's so nice..right back at you lovely lady:blushing:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    WOW great loss well done
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Wow great job.
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Amazing results! You look very happy and healthy! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!