Running & 30 Day Shred

Options
A couple questions for those of you who ran/run and do the 30 Day Shred.

I am on day 3 of level one and wanted to get a run in after the DVD. My legs told me no. I am wondering:

1) Did any of you run on days you did the DVD, and if so, did you do it right after or before, for how long and what distance?

2) Did you alternate between the 30 day shred and running, and if so, how many rest days did you take per week?

Thanks!

Replies

• Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I didn't run but I did elliptical and 30DS. I would do my 30DS in the morning and then get on the elliptical in the afternoon for an hour or so. I didn't take any rest days but 1 during my thirty days. :) Hope this helps!
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS on the same day I started a group training plan for my first half-marathon. Not my smartest decision but I'm sticking with it. On run days I wait until after my run to do my 30DS. I don't know if one is really better to do before the other or not. I just know my joints like running first, 30DS after.

You go girl!
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    I always ran after the workout. A mile on most days, sometimes a mile and a half. I did the Shred consistently for 30 days with no breaks, but some days I didn't run.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi im on Level 2 day 1 of the shred and havnt taken any rest days so far ---scared of losing the shred mojo but im also doing the C25k programme at the same time plus extra cardio at the gym - i go to the gym 6 days a week so have a semi rest day on sunday. Im at the gym at 5am and do the shred in the evenings usually around 730pm so i think having a reasonable gap between the two is helpful...infact my sorest day of the week is my rest day..lol
  • talecca
    talecca Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 8 of level 1 and run 2 - 3 miles 4-5 days a week. I've ran both right before and right after. I like running after shredding. I think it comes down to more of a preference thing.
  • ariellerene
    ariellerene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 days in to the 30 Day Shred, about to start on Level 2, and I decided to start the C25K program the same day I started the video. So far I've found that running first (most of the time, in the morning or early afternoon) and doing the video in the evening before dinner has been the best way of approaching doing both.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think what I will do is the video in the morning, and my run in the evening. I found that I just can't do them one after the other yet, and I don't want to give up either one!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS at 5:30 am and C25k at lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. With having a couple hours in between, I've never had any issues with it.