What do you have for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I found that website and I think it's really interesting ! You can make high proteins/low carbs pancakes, waffles etc...I tried a couple of recipes, and they taste good...I was surprised !

http://leanbodylifestyle.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html

Check it out if you want !
  • AlynLeigh
    AlynLeigh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well breakfast is suppose to be the biggest meal of the day. Since starting my diet I have been dedicating up to 30% of my daily calories just for breakfast. I like the bagel thins with maybe and egg and maybe even 2 pieces of bacon, or I will a bowel of cheerios with a banana cut up in it. I will do Grits or oatmeal sweetened with Splenda and a banana or blueberries if I want something warm. And then sometimes I will just do a whole bunch of fruit.
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    i tyr to changed mine up a little bit..

i usually have

1- 40 g porridge, with 1/2 cup skim & tbp protein powder (mixed in milk)
    or
    2. 1 slice of wholegrain toast wiith a microwave egg
    or
    3. 2 egg omlette, with mushroom, tomato & LFat ham
    or
    4. 1 slice wholegrain toast with "weight watchers bacon (42g for 40 cals) & sometimes a microwaved egg
    or
    5. boiled egg, followed by a Diet nestle yoguhrt (52cal) & sometimes strawberrys or a banana
    or
    6. IF i really pressed for time (ive done this once in 10 months).. i'll have a protein shake with half cup skim milk

cheers
    or
    6. 30grams of cereals (not often0 & 1/2 cup skim
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My main breakfast is a scrambled egg with a little milk, a little mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese I have on hand), and some pepper mixed in. And on the side, a slice of homemade white bread toasted with whatever I want on it at the time.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal sometimes but I have few differnt types. One is just rolled oats, another is steel cut oats and third is a 5 grain mix. sometimes I add raisins or nuts or frozen blueberries or whatever I have.

For eggs I sometimes have fried and other times boiled. I add salso or tabasco to spice it it up!

Ther are good cereals that I add fruit too like Cheerios.

And there is always the "you know your on a diet when you eat" grapefruit and fat free cottage cheese. (But I reaaly do like it even when I am not on a diet)

I also have Mornginstar bacon or sauage sometimes too.
  • milkinitnow
    Options
    I can't eat wheat or dairy, so I do a really heavy dark rye bread toasted, with 1tbs Almond Butter and and a banana. That keeps me going for sure!
  • crittytn
    Options
    I'm super boring and have the same breakfast every morning without fail.

Double Fiber Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slice
    Reduced Fat Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter
    Glass skim milk
    Coffee
    Fat Free Vanilla Creamer

I'm rarely hungry again until lunch, even if I work out in the morning. It really holds me over pretty well. I prefer no morning snack, because I am an evening snacker type of person. ;)
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    I eat a LOT for breakfast. I have my coffee with sugar (trying to cut down on this) and milk, a half a cup of a cereal like Raisin Bran or Frosted Mini Wheats with milk, and one or two eggs. Sometimes I add an apple or a banana and/or a cup of Greek yogurt to all that too! I'm a big believer in breakfast! The rest of the day, I try to limit meals to 400 calories or less but I usually can't, and that's why I have to walk it off at the end of the day! :P
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I make an egg bake... I throw asparagus, mushroom and onion in a 9x13 baking dish (though sometimes I add other veggies or change them). Then I beat 6 eggs and 8 egg whites with whole wheat flour and low fat milk. Pour that over the veggies and sprinkle a cup of fat free mozzerella on top. I bake that and then cut it into 8 pieces. Freeze half of the servings and refrigerate the others. I stick it in the microwave in the morning for a minute or two and have a hot, healthy breakfast!
  • bunnieslippers
    Options
    It depends what I'm in the mood for. I like to mix it up. Sometimes I don't have breakfast but when I do it's usually one of these:
    1 slice of 65cal bread with peanut butter and 1/2 a banana
    3/4 cup cereal with 1/2 cup soy milk
    instant oatmeal (varies from 180 - 210 cals)
    a bowl of fruit (usually strawberries, grapes and banana) - sometimes I have it like cereal and add soy milk to the bowl!
    1/2 a flax seed bagel w. peanut butter
    an apple with yoso yogurt
    1 vegan cinnamon waffle with either peanut butter or jam
    1 fruit serving

Sometimes I'll indulge and either have a breakfast burrito (280cals) or add to one of the above meals. Sometimes on the weekend I'll have pancakes with my family.
  • cylkysmooth
    Options
    Recently I tried Multi-Grain sandwichthins (1/2) 50 cals, with a slice of tomato with salt and pepper 4 cals, and a slice of prima-della deli swiss 35 cals. Toast this in the toaster oven and it is AWESOME and filling for breakfast and snack.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    special k cereal, toast with jam, eggo's nutri grain waffles....I'm usually on the go. But on the weekends, pancakes with blueberries and granola sounds like heaven to me :smile:
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    OH! And sometimes 2 mini bagels with cream cheese. Get fancy with cream cheese, there's so many different flavors now!
  • stujones1979
    Options
    Breakfast is the one that you should worry about least. Obviously don't have a full on fry-up... but if you want cereal / toast / crumpet etc then crack on... the later in the day it gets, the less carbs and fat you should consume.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to get bored of my oatmeal and egg whites. Just wondering what you've all been whipping up for breakfast as I need to get a little more creative! :)
    Most mornings I have 3 x Ryvita (cracked black pepper is my fave) with cottage cheese and either smoked salmon or lean ham (ca. 260kc)

Sometimes I whip up some scrambled egg with smoked salmon.

Sometimes I just have a banana and a bowl of cheerios.:bigsmile:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the one that you should worry about least. Obviously don't have a full on fry-up... but if you want cereal / toast / crumpet etc then crack on... the later in the day it gets, the less carbs and fat you should consume.
    Why not have a fry-up now and again if that's what you like. A bit of lean bacon, some eggs, beans, a hash brown.... scrummie!

Again, just work it into your calories for the day/week.
  • BittLynne
    BittLynne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For the past few days its ban a bottle of Ensure, super good. before then...nothing. I just know its easier to loose weight if you have breakfast but I just hate breakfast lol.
  • Jesung
    Jesung Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast
  • nadiatiara
    nadiatiara Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i've been eating nestle fitness cereal or plain oatmeal instant with fruits.
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A Naked Gold Machine and a cup of black coffee.