Not working out

I don't understand. I was never necessarily a fat lazy careless guy, but why does my body portray that image? I was in ALL the sports teams at my school, ALL. I would always play sports after school. I liked to keep active all the time. Gym was fun, running was fun, chores were fun, any sort of physical activity was fun. I never really stuffed myself with junk food either, yet I've never looked physically fit. I still have the manboobs, the waist is just getting bigger, I have the butt of a woman and the thighs of a sumo wrestler. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week now. I do a minimum of one hour cardio every day. I do circuit training 3 times a week. I lift weights every other day. I can't lift much but I'm always pushing myself. But every day for the last 4 years I'm just coming home to the same old me. Same old double chin. Same old optimisic attitude towards how I'll be in great shape in x months or how I'll have dropped x pounds by the end of the year. It's just not working out. I don't know what else to do.

Replies

• what are your eating habits like?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    I don't understand. I was never necessarily a fat lazy careless guy, but why does my body portray that image? I was in ALL the sports teams at my school, ALL. I would always play sports after school. I liked to keep active all the time. Gym was fun, running was fun, chores were fun, any sort of physical activity was fun. I never really stuffed myself with junk food either, yet I've never looked physically fit. I still have the manboobs, the waist is just getting bigger, I have the butt of a woman and the thighs of a sumo wrestler. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week now. I do a minimum of one hour cardio every day. I do circuit training 3 times a week. I lift weights every other day. I can't lift much but I'm always pushing myself. But every day for the last 4 years I'm just coming home to the same old me. Same old double chin. Same old optimisic attitude towards how I'll be in great shape in x months or how I'll have dropped x pounds by the end of the year. It's just not working out. I don't know what else to do.
    Get a trainer. Sounds like you don't really know what your true potential is. I've done this with former athletes who have gained weight and set them on the right track again. Get a good trainer that is into free weights and using basics. No Bosu or stability training, I mean balls to the wall hard core weight training.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Well - One good thing: you are here on MFP. Log everything , weigh everything, get a heart rate monitor so you can get a better idea of how many Cals you burn when you work out. If you really do that much exercise you will loose weight quickly when the food bit is right.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Take up weight lifting.

Trust me.
  • Start looking at what u r really eating not just the calories as mpf suggest, cut out bread, rice (if u eat it) for a while stick to clean food, natural growing, u will be so energized to push harder in your fitness, change your routines every 30 days or so to get better results.. good luck dont stress and get ur rest

P.s soft herbal teas helped me a lot, wouldbt b without