30 lbs before 30? Blew that goal out of the water!

Options
bjbixler
bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
I've been overweight ever since puberty. More or less just "chunky" through high school until I went to college and gained the freshman 40. End of undergrad I decided I wanted to lose weight, so I tried with diet and exercise and some running, and I lost about 35 lbs and felt great. But then grad school happened and I gained it all back and then some. Then I moved to a new city with my boyfriend and became quite sedentary. I can't believe how bad I let it get. If I wanted to eat it, I did. Last Thanksgiving on a whim I decided to try C25K, and I stuck with it up until the wedding. I even ran a 5K the DAY BEFORE MY WEDDING with some girlfriends. But up until this point I hadn't done a thing about my diet. Yes, I felt better because I was more active, but I was still really slow.

Looking back at the wedding photos I can barely stand to look at myself. It was the happiest day of my life, but maybe that was the kick in the butt I really needed, because that's what got me here. And the fact that I was still only running a 14 minute mile. I realized that I didn't want to run to lose weight, I wanted to lose weight so I could really run!

S in April, I decided that I was going to lose 30 lbs before I turned 30 years old. It was 5 months away, so I thought that was a reasonable goal. However, I hit my goal mid-July, and decided, why not 40 before 30? Well, I hit that at the end of August! So then I thought... maybe 50? I knew that'd be pushing it, but I knew I wasn't going to stop, and even if I didn't hit it, well I'd still be proud of myself if I got close.

Well today, the day before my 30th birthday, I hit 51 lbs lost!

Highest weight: May 2010
bb03101.jpg

march2011SW.jpg

sept2011progress.jpg

My next goal is to get my BMI out of the "obese" range and into the "overweight" range (10 more lbs)
And ultimately get my BMI into the "normal" range (40 lbs from now)

And for reference, I'm 5'8 and currently weight 205, I'm also training for a half marathon in November :o)

Replies

• OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! you look amazing!!

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    wow, you look awesome!! great work!
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    (a very polite) HOLY CRAP! WOW you look awesome! Congratulations!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    congrats!! You look happy and beautiful :)
  • wimmerfan
    Options
    you look great!!! congrats
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Love your story! Keep up the great work!

You look fantastic, btw
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!

SO proud of you!!!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Brilliant progress - and you look great! Keep up the good work.
  • LovelyLo23
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Great job.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Marvelous! :flowerforyou:
  • ash1220
    ash1220 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! How awesome for you! Keep it up and you'll hit your ultimate goal in no time!
  • rure13
    Options
    That is amazing, congratulations!!!! Very inspiring, good luck on the rest of your journey :smile:
  • AlynLeigh
    AlynLeigh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone... you look Great!. I have a similar plan but mine is more likee 150lbs before 30. ^_^
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job! :)
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful in ALL the photos :smile:
  • anic31385
    Options
    Wow!!!! You look great! How insperational. Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • kandy221
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! Great work!!!! Best of luck continuing on your journey!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous - congratulations on some fantastic results...

And thank you for posting the pics - I am 10lbs off where you are at the moment - same height, and still have some "perception" issues when I look at myself, but when I look at your pics I thought "ooohhh - I would not mind looking like her" in the next 6 weeks :-)

And Happy Birthday for tomorrow - have a fabulous day :-)
  • kylamb
    kylamb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! I will be turning 30 in 5 months and hope I can do half as good as you did! Thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!