First Time Dieting

My name is Margie and this is my first time on a diet. I used to think dieting was not for me, because I maintained my weight while eating whatever I wanted when I wanted. But when I turned 30 it seems I gain more than I lost. I also thought diets were crazy and mean, but after looking at my pictures, me and my fiance took while on a cruise; I knew I needed some help. My thighs are rubbing together and I can't wear my nice fitting shirts, because the fat is noticeable and it looks unpleasant. Also I get tired so quickly now. I would like to lose weight because our wedding is in 4 months and I want to be the correct weight. I don't want to be too small, but healthy and not over weight. I am currently 14 to 20 pounds over weight. It also hit me when my 5 year old says mommy why is your bottom so big lol. It doesn't hurt, but I don't want her think being over weight is okay and healthy. So I have about 3 reasons to get into shape and get my weight down and keep it down. Let the fun begin

Replies

• My name is Margie and this is my first time on a diet. I used to think dieting was not for me, because I maintained my weight while eating whatever I wanted when I wanted. But when I turned 30 it seems I gain more than I lost. I also thought diets were crazy and mean, but after looking at my pictures, me and my fiance took while on a cruise; I knew I needed some help. My thighs are rubbing together and I can't wear my nice fitting shirts, because the fat is noticeable and it looks unpleasant. Also I get tired so quickly now. I would like to lose weight because our wedding is in 4 months and I want to be the correct weight. I don't want to be too small, but healthy and not over weight. I am currently 14 to 20 pounds over weight. It also hit me when my 5 year old says mommy why is your bottom so big lol. It doesn't hurt, but I don't want her think being over weight is okay and healthy. So I have about 3 reasons to get into shape and get my weight down and keep it down. Let the fun begin
  • genabug
    genabug Posts: 1,820 Member
    welcome! And good luck!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Welcome Margie:flowerforyou: I think you will find that this is now a new way of eating healthier and losing the pounds you want to. MFPal's are very supportive when ever you need it. :smile:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,914 Member
    Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. This site is wonderful and so user friendly. Good luck with your goal.
  • Thank you you all for your support