Weight Loss

Options
Apart from dieting and counting your calories etc. what's the most efficient way to lose weight? And what are the advantages and disadvantages of these methods? RIght now I don't even care about losing muscle, it's not like I have much anyway. I just want this fat gone once and for all!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Apart from dieting and counting your calories etc. what's the most efficient way to lose weight? And what are the advantages and disadvantages of these methods? RIght now I don't even care about losing muscle, it's not like I have much anyway. I just want this fat gone once and for all!

Firstly you must ALWAYS be concerned about losing muscle.... you never EVER want to lose muscle...

Each person's weightloss response will vary because we are all different.

The most efficient way to lose weight, is to remember that the scale does not have the final say all the time. Even if you gain 1lb, you may have lost 2 inches total of body measurement - which means you are becoming leaner.

You need to surround yourself around people who support your choice in getting healthier.

Choose to do this safely and soundly for YOU.. not a spouse, not a kid, not a friend, a parent... lose the weight for YOU.... Sometimes we lose focus on ourselves.

push the water

Keep an open mind about this... it wont happen overnight to lose weight, it will take time and so long as you can keep your mind open that this is an involved 100%-you process... you can do this...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Have you asked yourself why you want to lose weight? besides the obvious....
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    RIght now I don't even care about losing muscle, it's not like I have much anyway. I just want this fat gone once and for all!

LOL, that is so ridiculous! Please do your own research before doing anything that you know so little. Didn't you know that muscle is a metabolically active tissue that burns additional calories? If you lose muscle, your metabolism will slow down & therefore you will burn fewer calories & what happens next? When you stop dieting & resume eating normal, you will regain weight very quick because you don't have the muscle to help burn off excess calories.