I finally get it!

Options
Hi, my name is Judy and I'm 48 and desparately overweight! I started dieting 6 weeks ago at 269 lbs and I am all in for this diet. This website makes it so easy to keep track of everything, I am loving it. I am a truck driver and I have gain a ton of weight in the past few years. I look around at the truck stops and see examples of how big I could be and it frightens me.

I'm here because I want my life back, I want my dignity back and I want my husband to look at me like he did when we first met. I welcome friends and support and lots of feedback and will do the same for any one. I like to write and I like to read. It's probably not shocking to see that with all the time I spend alone, I always look forward to talking with someone.

I definately look forward to your support!

Replies

• Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Yay! Welcome.
    Tough lifestyle to be fit, but also totally doable. I read Tim Ferris's 4 hour body (just kinda liked it) but what I took away is that a little bit of exercise can go along way. He does stuff like airsquats in the bathroom at a restaurant to activate the big muscles in his legs - this might be a good one to try at every bathroom break. He does what he calls cat vomits for crunches (up on all fours and then forces all air out quickly).

I am sure if you throw it out there people will come up with all sorts of things for you to try food and exercise wise :)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :Smile:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This is a great site. I started Sept 1 and have lost 5 pounds. I am going the steady stable 1 pound a week goal myself. You can add me as a friend if you like. Good Luck
  • JacquelineArquer
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • judykay05
    Options
    Great ideas and great support, thanks everybody. I really appreciate it!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!