Hula anyone

Options
I read an article about hula hooping as a good form of exercise. They stated that if you hula for just a minute that you would burn the same calories as a 8 minute mile. They said even if you suck at it, the constant bending and picking the hula up will burn the calories and eventually you will get good and keep it up and burn more. They also said that it targets the external oblique and internal oblique abdominal muscles that encircle the waist and tummy. Not sure if this works as far as losing inches I need to go and find one. But I thought that if it is a good form of exercise then its a good one to do with children, fun and simple. Well good luck all Jenn

Replies

• jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    I read an article about hula hooping as a good form of exercise. They stated that if you hula for just a minute that you would burn the same calories as a 8 minute mile. They said even if you suck at it, the constant bending and picking the hula up will burn the calories and eventually you will get good and keep it up and burn more. They also said that it targets the external oblique and internal oblique abdominal muscles that encircle the waist and tummy. Not sure if this works as far as losing inches I need to go and find one. But I thought that if it is a good form of exercise then its a good one to do with children, fun and simple. Well good luck all Jenn
  • furrflys
    Options
    I hula several times a day for 3 or so minutes at a time is all I can stand so far. But I can definatly feel it working my lower ab's(those hard ones to target) and my thighs.