Hello! :)

Options
Hey ya'll,

Today is the first day for myself and my daughter. I want to feel better, look better and set a great example for my family. My goal is to lose 40lbs by my 29th birthday; July 27.

My daughter is 11 and in 5th grade, she is BEAUTIFUL but chubby. She joined a select soccer club (she is a AWESOME soccer player), which has started her healthy eating habits and exercising. Seeing her making these lifestyle changes remind me that I need to stop being lazy and do the right thing for myself and my family. My goal is to get her to a healthy weight (a loss of about 10 lbs) and her goal is to wear a 2 piece next summer! :

Together we are encouraging each other to make lifestyle changes and get healthy!
Thanks is advance for the tips and encouragement!! :)

Replies

• jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will really like it here. There are a lot of good people and inspiration. I will send you a friend request.
  • Chaos5150
    Chaos5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too so feel free to send a friend request if you like. Its good to have a good support group in endeavors such as ours. :)
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    bravo for you and your daughter! you both should be so proud.....best of luck on your journey!
  • geri1955
    Options
    Best of luck!!! if we all can do it there is NO reason why you cant either!!! getting started was harder then following this plan is!!! Im loving it!!! There are alot of good healthy choices that are just as satifying as fast foods!!! :wink:
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've taken the first step! I think you will find the site motivating...Good luck!