I'm not losing anymore weight, HELP!

Options
Hi,

This is my first post ever. Ok, here i go....

When i started on my weight loss journey and joined MFP, i started watching what i ate to keep up with the 1200 caloric intake and in a month i lost 5 lbs. Then some friends decided we do a 14 day no/low carb, no sugar diet. During the first 4 days, i dropped another 5 lbs. Thats 10 lbs so far. This is all over a month ago and i havent lost any weight since.

I try to watch what i eat. My diet changed after the no sugar no/low carb diet, as i now eat a lot more protein. I exercise regularly doing cardio and strength training 4 to 5 times a week and eventually i upped my cardio. I started training for a 5K and i can now run a 5K in abt 32 minutes (treadmill). I still havent lost any more weight.

I am 5'5 and i now weigh 150. I need to loose 10/15 more pounds.

What am i doing wrong?
What can i do to loose more weight?

Oh and since it started getting a little cooler, i started running outdoors which i love but i've hurt both my knees now. :sad:

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    try zig zagging your calories.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You sound EXACTLY like me (except I don't have bad knees) I work out like a monkey on a cup cake.....every day! HARD! And I hike mountains, run, bike, kick box, zumba. I am always under my calories. I don't eat crap....ever. I am down to my last 7 or so pounds that I need to lose and I CAN'T LOSE THEM! My MFP pals say I need to eat more calories because I am so far under (because of how hard I work out.) So maybe try eating more GOOD calories?? That's what I'm going to do. But I'll tell you this......I WILL WIN THIS BATTLE ! 4-SURE! Lisa from California
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    To put it simply, your body thinks you're killing it. You're not, but bodies aren't known for their common sense. It's all visceral for them.

It goes hella slow at lower weights and your body will fight like mad to keep a stable weight. One of its dirty little tricks is water retention.

Keep at it. You will definitely lose the weight if you're exercising and eating 1200/day. It just might be slower than you want.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    At 150 you are probably at or pretty close to a healthy weight, so it's not going to be as easy to lose weight as when you are heavier.
    You might want to look at your goals, perhaps change to 1/2 pound per week loss, this is probably more realistic with only a bit left to lose.
    Make sure you are eating enough to fuel the exercise you are doing, if you are only eating 1200 cals your body may not be getting in enough energy and might be slowing down your metabolism in an attempt to work more efficiently with the low cals you are giving it.
    So, I suggest checking your goals, eat your exercise cals, relax and don't stress about it, losing weight is going to be slower at this end of the journey.
  • uzygirl
    Options
    Thanks Lisa. You know i'm never able to eat up to the recommended 1200, i'm always under. I only get to 1200 when i add high carb snacks which i try not to do too often.

I didnt know i had bad knees until recently, so i'm going to take it easy with exercising for a while.

I'll work on eating good calories and zig-zagging my diet.
  • TheCandel
    TheCandel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try adding a meal without going over your calories and go for a walk out on the street. The treadmill is a decent way to burn calories but your body get's a better workout IMO by walking/jogging naturally. Think of all the muscles used to balance and push your body instead of just moving your legs.

sounds like you hit a plateau so you need to change and intensify your workout. it's your body's way of saying "good job, you have trained me to adapt to this " but this time it's a good adaptation :o)

Good Luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lisa. You know i'm never able to eat up to the recommended 1200, i'm always under. I only get to 1200 when i add high carb snacks which i try not to do too often.

I didnt know i had bad knees until recently, so i'm going to take it easy with exercising for a while.

I'll work on eating good calories and zig-zagging my diet.

So that is something to work on - drop the "diet" food, eat real food and more of it. Your body will thank you!
  • uzygirl
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :smile: