HELP

Options
My school starts back next week and I'm scared I won't have time to exercise. I work full time and go to school fulltime. I need some advice on how to continue my workouts. Thanks in advance. .

Replies

• ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My school starts back next week and I'm scared I won't have time to exercise. I work full time and go to school fulltime. I need some advice on how to continue my workouts. Thanks in advance. .
  • csantos1182
    Options
    i wake up early to exercise...at first it sucked but once i got used to it it became my own quiet time before my husband or baby go up:)
  • RandJsmomMary
    Options
    well I used to excersise by going up and down the stairs at school at work I would do squats and on my lunch I would go to my car put my feet up and enoy my health lunch then i would go up the stairs at work and into the bathroom and do push ups on the wall it might sound silly but to be honest with you when you dont have time to work out anything goes
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have always planned out my workouts a week in advance...I get my work schedule and see how it lines up with classes and work out in between or sometimes late at night (my gym is open until 11). I used to go full time school and two jobs, and that required a lot of not showering before work LOL, but I didn't really care. Now with one job it's a lot easier but I still feel like there's days when I don't even get to sit down from 7am to 10pm.

Remember that workouts are about quality, not quantity. You can get a really excellent interval workout in 20 minutes, and great cardiovascular training in 30 minutes. That's just the length of one TV show.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    As odd as this might seem, you need to schedule your exercise the same way you schedule your job and classes. It just needs to be a necessity rather than an entertainment factor, is how I look at it. My schedule will always change depending on my kids schooling, husband graduating college and his job schedule, household responsibilities. So every week, I write out my schedule (mostly for my family), try and schedule my exercising when it does not interfere with their worlds too much, and I stick to it. Nope, sorry, can't do it honey, I have to go to the gym. It took them a month or so to get used to it, but now they know that going to the gym is the same as them needing to go to basketball practice or chess club or business meetings. Just make it a priority and try and make it a set schedule, and you'll more than likely be able to stick to it. Oh yeah, and take lots of stairs.

Do great!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I think I will plan my workouts but the good thing is I have PE and have to go to school to workout twice a week. Thanks again for the wonderful advice.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I work full time from 9-5, I teach 4 classes per week at various gyms (which take up most of my nights), and I'm studying to earn my personal training certification... on top of that I'm constantly learning new routines for my classes and working on new choreography. If I can find time for my own personal workouts, I'm sure you can. It's a matter of prioritizing and MAKING the time in your life. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen.