trying to stay strong!

Options
I'm so mad right now. I have been doing pretty good with counting my calories and not eating anything with lots of sugar in it. My snacks consist of 100 calories or less, usually yogurt or special k bars. But my bf just decided to bake some white chocolate macademian nut cookies, which are my favorite! I want one soooo bad but 1 cookie has 170 calories! I have at least 600 left to spare, but I really don't think I could have just one, I would want at least 2, and even though I would still be under my calorie goal is it worth it? It's basically straight sugar :(

Replies

• Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    If it will stop you from binging then eat one. Think abuot it realisitically, are you never going to eat cookies again one you reach your goal weight? If not then have something in moderation.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you love it, and you can control yourself and eat just one I think you should. You have the calories and I'm a firm believer in not depriving yourself of the things you love ALL the time, once every few months won't kill you. Unless you think you will sabotage and have a bunch, I would eat it. If it makes you guilty, just work that much harder tomorrow!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Of course have one... how often is your boyfriend gonna bake you cookies? :P That sounds like a special occasion to me lol. It sounds like you have made the necessary lifestyle changes and committed to health/nutrition, so that means you are free to reward yourself every now and then with goodies, the way they were intended to be enjoyed :)
  • Bellastarflower
    Options
    It's ok to splurge once in awile, have the two cookies but not more then that. Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • Boomqueesha21
    Options
    thanks everyone. i have been way obsessed with doing the right thing since i started counting calories a couple of weeks ago. my kids are even asking if i eat this will it make me fat. maybe i need to take a chill pill. i just really want to loose the weight more than ever. i have joined the gym and i work out almost everyday now, so i guess i deserve a cookie or maybe two, but i will throw the rest away before i eat more. thanks again for the motivation :)
  • Boomqueesha21
    Options
    u are so right about him baking cookies, this would be the 1st time in a yr and a half of our relationship ;)
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    LOL! Well I'd be a hypocrite if I said not to! Yesterday, I got my butt kicked in classes at my gym, burnt about a thousand calories and was overall exhausted. I hadn't even eaten much prior to the classes, and last night I saw the cookie dough in the freezer :D

I ended up making six cookies, just for myself. They all fit no problem into my calories, with room to spare. I ate them with a nice cup of detox tea and it was nice to splurge :)

Don't go as far as I did, lol but treat yourself here and there, he he I hadn't had a cookie in SOOO long! :D
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Don't go giving yourself or your kids a complex. You want to be a good role model to them. Enjoy your cookies!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So did you enjoy the cookie. I hope so.
  • Boomqueesha21
    Options
    lol yes i had two and after 2 and a half weeks of almost no sugar they are really sweet and i don't think i will want another for a very long time! can't wait to hit the gym in the morning :) thanks for the friend requests, i am glad to have your support.
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    lol yes i had two and after 2 and a half weeks of almost no sugar they are really sweet and i don't think i will want another for a very long time! can't wait to hit the gym in the morning :) thanks for the friend requests, i am glad to have your support.

Good for you!!! The gym will have fun with you tomorrow. :)