Hello, long time dieter first time on this site;-)

Hello all! I've always had to pay special attention to what I eat. I usually diet every 5 years or so it seems. I thought I had it all figured out when I started running. I could go ahead and slip up every now and again and it didn't matter because I was burning so many calories training for half marathons. This fall I ran my first full and shortly after I began having a lot of problems with my neck. Last week I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck. Because I haven't been able to run, the pounds started creeping back and I now have 15 lbs to lose. I am hoping this board can help me stay focused. I'm slowly finding exercises that work for me but nothing burns calories like running so I'm a little discouraged by that. I guess I'll dust off my old exercise DVDs and see what doesn't hurt. I wonder where I put my leg warmers?

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Hello all! I've always had to pay special attention to what I eat. I usually diet every 5 years or so it seems. I thought I had it all figured out when I started running. I could go ahead and slip up every now and again and it didn't matter because I was burning so many calories training for half marathons. This fall I ran my first full and shortly after I began having a lot of problems with my neck. Last week I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my neck. Because I haven't been able to run, the pounds started creeping back and I now have 15 lbs to lose. I am hoping this board can help me stay focused. I'm slowly finding exercises that work for me but nothing burns calories like running so I'm a little discouraged by that. I guess I'll dust off my old exercise DVDs and see what doesn't hurt. I wonder where I put my leg warmers?