macro nutrient balancing - short on carbs AGAIN

Options
I manage to come in on my daily calorie count target pretty well I think, but when it comes to my macro nutrient balance, my carb comes up short quite often which makes the percentages look like I've done too much fat/protein and I just need a carb snack somewhere in my day that doesn't have especially protein in it to get the balance right again. Does that make sense?

I need suggestions for carb snacks in other words. A couple hundred calories worth would be nice.

Of course sometimes I'm short on other things, but honestly it's usually carbs. What do you do to keep your macro nutrients balanced? Also is 55/30/15 for sedentary people? I think that is the default percentages but I work out 3-4 times a week and I'm wondering if I should making make it 45/30/25 or something?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Add in some brown rice! I love it so much :]
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    Steel cut oats, regular oatmeal, brown rice, sweet potatoes, whole grain bread or wraps, whole wheat pasta...
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do 40/30/30 and i've put it on sedentary for now.

brown rice is a good choice. rice cakes make for decent carb additions without fat or sugars. fruits can sometimes be good depending on whether you're watching your sugars.
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i dont worry if im under carbs, etc. and im usually way under on fat and over on protein.. and ive lost my recommended weight loss (2lbs a week) for 6 and a half months or so; so its really not beneficial to me to pay attention to things other than sodium & calories.

id have a plain baked potatoe as a snack (season with herbs), thats 100 calories. could add cottage cheese to it to make it around 200calories if thats what ur after. potatoes are so versatile... you can cut them up and make home fries in the oven using spray olive oil instead of oil and seasoning with garlic/pepper/italian herbs/onion. or cut up in chunks for roasted potatoes. boil in water (although that loses vitamins because it leeches into water)...