Just sit back and think to yourselfs......!

Options
Good morning everyone where-ever you are in the world - Happy Thursday :flowerforyou:

Well I HAD to reply to someones blog about addiction / diseases earlier and I JUST want to put my view across!

FIRSTLY they are BOTH IMPORTANT! HOWEVER an ADDICTION CAN turn INTO A DISEASE! * Such as awful things like serosis of the liver, cancer etc etc need I really go on?? *

Addiction is something as we all know that someone cannot simply get enough of and ` crave that thing ` ... Weather it be cigarettes. Drink. Food. Drugs... People are their own person yes BUT we are ALL * or so I thought * on this site to give out support? Advice? Motivation? Not for a kick in the teeth! :explode:

My beautiful dad when he was 12 started smoking because he saw his dad drink / smoke and his dad wanted him to ` become a man ` .. So perhaps if my father did not get beaten maybe he would not of attempted to join the army? Maybe he wouldn`t of ran away numerous of times... BUT he made the worst mistake in the world.. Joining a band and travelling * although my music has past on from him :wink: *
He was in a band and they travelled. Alot. My dad drunk. Played the drums. Drunk again and he got used to all the women too :laugh: * Kind of like George Best just less famous ! *
Anyway after the band split my dad decided he loved travelling and he started to drive buses abroad - all through Europe, Africa.. He then came back to the UK 35 years ago a true alcholic and asking for help - my nanny helped him and with her help he quit - long enough for him to meet my mumma and fall in :love: and have me :happy: but then he was back in work, working abroad and back to his old ways MINUS the women!

26th June last year I got a call and it was dad saying hes in hospital - I asked whats going on - he simply said not thing sugar, just tests etc... So I went up there.. worst mistake I have ever done! I saw him in a corner on drips etc crying could hardly keep his eyes open and I looked at him and he simply said ` one more drink will kill me sara. One more cigarette will too. I cannot work no more and thats it ` I looked at him and simply walked away - I never knew he was a alcholic simply because he is diabetic which is a DISEASE and he shakes if his sugars play up but little did I know that was a form of the with drawels from drink!

I am VERY happy to say though * although he has serosis of the liver * that he has not touched one drink ever since, no cigarettes, and hes lost 8 stone :happy:
I am so proud of my dad and he is the bestest man you will ever meet - some of you may think :noway: but why? Because he is my dad and I :love: him! I think the world of him and for the people who have unfortuantely lost their family / friends to this I am very sorry from the bottom of my heart -

As for Diseases - People such as my friends down the cancer ward did not ask to have cancer, I did not ask to have epilepsy but I have it along with my rare blood DISORDER - but you know what - I just wake up and smile :heart:

Because remember some people simply cannot do so...

xx Never forget all the poor people who have lost their lifes through Addiction / Diseases xx

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone where-ever you are in the world - Happy Thursday :flowerforyou:

Well I HAD to reply to someones blog about addiction / diseases earlier and I JUST want to put my view across!

FIRSTLY they are BOTH IMPORTANT! HOWEVER an ADDICTION CAN turn INTO A DISEASE! * Such as awful things like serosis of the liver, cancer etc etc need I really go on?? *

Addiction is something as we all know that someone cannot simply get enough of and ` crave that thing ` ... Weather it be cigarettes. Drink. Food. Drugs... People are their own person yes BUT we are ALL * or so I thought * on this site to give out support? Advice? Motivation? Not for a kick in the teeth! :explode:

My beautiful dad when he was 12 started smoking because he saw his dad drink / smoke and his dad wanted him to ` become a man ` .. So perhaps if my father did not get beaten maybe he would not of attempted to join the army? Maybe he wouldn`t of ran away numerous of times... BUT he made the worst mistake in the world.. Joining a band and travelling * although my music has past on from him :wink: *
    He was in a band and they travelled. Alot. My dad drunk. Played the drums. Drunk again and he got used to all the women too :laugh: * Kind of like George Best just less famous ! *
    Anyway after the band split my dad decided he loved travelling and he started to drive buses abroad - all through Europe, Africa.. He then came back to the UK 35 years ago a true alcholic and asking for help - my nanny helped him and with her help he quit - long enough for him to meet my mumma and fall in :love: and have me :happy: but then he was back in work, working abroad and back to his old ways MINUS the women!

26th June last year I got a call and it was dad saying hes in hospital - I asked whats going on - he simply said not thing sugar, just tests etc... So I went up there.. worst mistake I have ever done! I saw him in a corner on drips etc crying could hardly keep his eyes open and I looked at him and he simply said ` one more drink will kill me sara. One more cigarette will too. I cannot work no more and thats it ` I looked at him and simply walked away - I never knew he was a alcholic simply because he is diabetic which is a DISEASE and he shakes if his sugars play up but little did I know that was a form of the with drawels from drink!

I am VERY happy to say though * although he has serosis of the liver * that he has not touched one drink ever since, no cigarettes, and hes lost 8 stone :happy:
    I am so proud of my dad and he is the bestest man you will ever meet - some of you may think :noway: but why? Because he is my dad and I :love: him! I think the world of him and for the people who have unfortuantely lost their family / friends to this I am very sorry from the bottom of my heart -

As for Diseases - People such as my friends down the cancer ward did not ask to have cancer, I did not ask to have epilepsy but I have it along with my rare blood DISORDER - but you know what - I just wake up and smile :heart:

Because remember some people simply cannot do so...

xx Never forget all the poor people who have lost their lifes through Addiction / Diseases xx
    Very moving. Thanks honey. I suppose you could say I was addicted to food. I have fybromyalgia and fell into a pit of depression and turned to food. I've changed my life now and feel great. Just found out my little brother is a drink and drug addict. He's doing terrible things though too. Beating people half to death in violent rages is one such example. His partner (he's gay) is also a child sex offender. I feel he's terribly lost and needs me, but I've given so much and it doesn't make a difference. The stress has made me ill, its a living nightmare for my parents. I told him 2 days ago I wanted no further contact with him. I'm the only family has. I feel a terrible sense of guilt and feel so sad. I just don't know what else to do. So nice to see your dad turn it around. Hope my brother eventually does the same. I don't care about him being gay at all! Can accept the drink and drugs if he was trying to get help, but just can't accept the things he's doing as a result of his addictions. Very tough. Good to see someone coming out the other side. X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!