Dukan Diet vs. Calorie Counting

Options
2»

Replies

• Teddyaderwich
    Teddyaderwich Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I started clocking my calories as it was all too easy not to eat enough - I found myself dropping to 750-850 cals a day and common sense has told me that can't be good - so keeping a tab on them makes me feel better.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did Dukan for the first 30 days of my LC lifestyle. It worked for me and has kick started my weight loss. I then started learning about Atkins and have incorporated it into my own LC plan. The one thing I like about Dukan is the oat bran. It keeps me full and with my fast paced /stressful job , I needed it. Now I have oat bran every morning before work. I don't eat it on the weekends cause I'm not moving around to much. Atkins is a high fat diet and I luv that component.

My weight loss has slowed down since Im not strictly doing Dukan but Im happy with my progress. I luv this LC lifestyle.
    My SO has even started watchin his carbs. He cut his carbs down to 100 a day and has lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks.
  • mrshickey
    Options
    I'm glad I started clocking my calories as it was all too easy not to eat enough - I found myself dropping to 750-850 cals a day and common sense has told me that can't be good - so keeping a tab on them makes me feel better.

i count them too, im glad because ive realised that im not eating the min 1200 as i should which might explain why ive not lost weight this week. i know that dukan diet doesnt encourage calorie counting but i track my carbs, sodium ect on here so the automatic calorie count is a bonus!

give it a try, it might just work lol
  • smilesboise
    Options
    I am on week 3 of the DUKAN Diet and honestly I can't seem to eat enough calories. Instead of eating around 1200 I'm only eating around 800...which is bad. :( I've decided to modify the DUKAN diet to meet my caloric needs (instead of rotating Pure Protein days with Protein+Veggie days, I'm doing all Protein+Veggies.) I'm still calorie counting and limiting carbs. I agree with one post...a calorie is NOT a calorie, so I don't believe calorie counting alone will work. At least for me it doesn't. I need to watch the TYPES of calories I'm eating.

I say give the DUKAN a try and see what you think. If nothing else, there are great healthy recipes! I bought the book from Amazon for $16.99 and it was still a good read.
  • Bola17
    Bola17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just did the 5 days of attack and wasn't starving at all, but we were 4 girls from work who started and after 15 days one girl already lost 5kg. I only lost 1.5 kg on 5 days but I was frightened because she (girlfriend from work) had a massive migraine attack and was rushed to the hospital in ambulance as they feared a stroke. Doing some research on this, I decided to go back to calorie counting but have bought the app for iPad and will definitely still use the recipes. Just not as restrictive.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    if Dukans Diet limits what you can it in any way, then i would go for Calorie Counting , it about a healthy life style not a "diet" i have what i want to eat just less of it.

yep I like this as well !