tips and help for dieting (please add)

Options
I believe that weight loss and weight gain is all about you being in control of yourself. You are the only person who can want and change yourself. You need great will power to loose weight.

Also simple mathematics, if eat the right amount and are fairly active then you will maintain a healthy weight or the same weight. If you eat a lot of food and are not active you are very likely to get bigger vastly.

80% of hunger is thirst so instead of reaching for the several bags of crisps make yourself a drink.

Losing weight becomes a different lifestyle, but this doesn't have to be all bad because the chocolates and sweets have gone, if you expand your diet you can find much healthier less fat and sugar snack that will please you when you are peckish.

If you have ever considered liposuction / or gastric band surgery just remember this:
Less Food + More activity and exercise = weight loss thats how simple it is!!!

(please do add your weight loss tips as i would love to hear and try them)

Replies

• shellimus
    shellimus Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies nourish your body and reduce cravings!

I'm seriously thinking that my cravings were my body's way of telling me that I wasn't getting enough vitamins and minerals that I needed. I do best when I have two 16 ounce smoothies a day.

An easy way to try a green smoothie is to use this recipe. 1-2 cups of water, 1-2 handfuls of spinach or baby spring mix, 1-2 bananas. Blend for 90 seconds. You can also add up to 1 cup of frozen berries if you like it frozen like Jamba juice. A high power blender (like vitamix or blendtec) work best, but your normal blender will do in a pinch. It just might not process it as thoroughly.

Once you get used to this recipe, you can use almost any fruits and many different types of lettuce (spinach, baby spring mix, romaine, dandelion, swiss chard, kale). I now fill the blender by using 3 cups of water a 2-3 BIG handfuls of lettuce, 2-3 fresh fruits and 1 cup of frozen to make 64 ounces for the family. I just keep adding stuff til it's 8 cups. We use glass canning jars to store unused smoothie in the frig for later.

Enjoy!