A one-week MFP veteran

Options
Just joined a week ago and lost .6 pounds in the first couple days. I'm totally motivated and can't wait to lose more. I'm scared to weigh in tonight at the Y but want to keep track of my progress. Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised!

Like every mom, I put everyone before me. I'm slowly learning how to work myself into the mix but it can be very stressful trying to find "extra" time. Just love that this site is positive and motivating! Can't wait to meet more motivated people no matter where they are on their journey.

Replies

• peterkin923
    Options
    Keep up the good work....and glad you are making time for yourself : )
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Those little achievements add up ! Since I started my quest in early August, I've lost 10 lbs (even though my ticker only says 5 - I didn't sign up here right away.) things have gone up and down a bit, but those 10 are still off :)

Much success to you :bigsmile:
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you're weighing in the evenings at the gym, be prepared for a bit of fluctuation. It's good to weigh yourself at the same time of day, but I find at the end of the day your weight can fluctuate a lot, based on how much food/water is in your belly (ie, if you just had dinner, you may be a pound up - even if you had a few big glasses of water, you may be a pound or two up!) Especially if you're wearing gym clothes/shoes.

So even if the scale doesn't show exactly what you want to see, don't be discouraged! It doesn't mean you're not losing weight - it could just be masked by other factors. Glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Have been using this site for nearly 7 months now and it has really helped me keep track of all my food intake and exercise logging. Totally love the site. Feel free to add me as a friend :-)