mom belly?

so I have lost a lot of weight i was 220 after i had my daughter i am now 145 with only ten pounds to go but my belly isn't even close to being remotely flat.

any advice or tips?

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    I am having this same problem. :frown:

All of my pre-baby ab workouts aren't working either. Try lots of planks, crunches, side crunches and various other ab workouts. You want to hit those muscles from every angle.

:flowerforyou:
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    In all honesty, it may never be flat again. My two pregnancies left me with the muscles herniated (very common) and a lot of loose skin. The more weight I lost the worse my skin looked. I ended up getting a tummy tuck which helped with the excess skin, but have since gained a few pounds and I don't have a flat tummy either. Most women/girls do not have flat tummies anyway. It's the muffin top I now hate!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    If you are talking about the "pooch" that you have after you have a child then one really good exercise I have found to target those muscles is: Lay on back and then point your legs and toes towards ceiling- lift your butt off the ground like you are trying to touch your toes to the ceiling. You will fill the lower ab muscles contract while doing this exercise. But honestly when I loose all the weight and I still have a small "pooch" not sure I'm gonna worry to much about it- just one the many reminders of the two boys I have and what I went through to bring them into this world. You look great in your picture!!! Congrats on the weight loss. If this exercise doesn't work maybe try looking up exercises that target lower abs.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    I wish I had answers to this question. I'm in the same boat. I've had 4 babies and I've lost 52 pounds and my belly is totally my worst area :(
  • I'm really interested in answers to this question. I'm nearly at goal, but I now I have some wrinkled skin around my belly button. It makes me very sad. :cry: Of course, I've only done cardio so I'm hoping some strengthening exercises will help.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    I wish I had answers to this question. I'm in the same boat. I've had 4 babies and I've lost 52 pounds and my belly is totally my worst area :(

You look GREAT TOO!!! Your belly in your pictures look GOOD!! Congrats on your loss!
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member

You look GREAT TOO!!! Your belly in your pictures look GOOD!! Congrats on your loss!

Awww. Thank you :) I'm getting there.