saggy skin :(

Options
Does anyone have any good tips for saggy skin due to weight loss? I've lost 80-85 pounds and am fairly close to where I wanna be with my weight, but now my stomach is saggy. Everyone always tells me how great I look and how much weight I've lost, but the clothes cover up alot! I'm more critical of myself because I know that underneath the clothes it's not so pretty. My biggest problem areas are my stomach and inner thighs. I run alot and work out plenty, so I know it's not from lack of exercise. Has anyone had success with any particular moves? It sucks to come so far and still feel like you can't get that "perfect" body!

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    are you lifting weights?
    getting proper hydration?
    moisturising?

these are all factors i believe...

also if you get to a certain percentage of body fat ( i'm not completely sure just what i think), that it will go away...
  • antimike
    antimike Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of loose skin around my stomach and my thighs. I hear it is from how long I was larger and the rate at which I lost weight.

Some of the sagging will be taken care of by time, and the rest actually may not.

I've been doing some research regarding that, and some say that Vitamin E, hydration, and just filling those areas with muscle will help with the appearance.

Good luck with your journey and keep doing what you're doing.

Do you do any weight training as a side note?
  • amazon0782
    Options
    massage with olive oil + lifting weights + drinking loads of water solves that problem i think ..
  • BunnyBearLove
    Options
    I have to agree strength training and water, however some people just tend to get the loose skin no matter what...
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good job of the weight loss! I have read that you need to try to build some muscle where you want the skin to firm up. I also have read that the saggy skin is saggy because there usually is some fat pulling the skin. I was worried about getting saggy skin and that is the culmination of the research Ive done on the internet. I am in no way a professional. lol. Good Luck!
  • dbeinke
    dbeinke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! I do lift weights - I belong to Gold's gym and I take the Body Pump class and I also lift hand weights at home as well. Water is pretty much the only thing I drink, but lately have been trying to drink more. I lost the weight slowly, over a couple of years time so I don't think it's from losing too quickly. I'll just keep working hard and be patien! Thank you!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use skin tightening wraps as well as weight training/conditioning. It works wonders!