gratitude list

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
!the begining of this thread was copied over from the "motivation" line. i thought it might fit better here~
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: silly me:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

this is the plan:
as much as u can, daily if possible, we should note things in life we are grateful for. ~and try not to repeat yourself.

i'll begin this thread w/

1-12-09

1 my new reading glasses that i dont like to admit i need. they enable me to sew/needlepoint.

2 my 14yr son. he does very well in school and not gotten into the wrong crowd or choose to do "bad" things.

3 my 10yr daughter. she is a wonderful little person to spend time w/ since i know the "joy w/ parents" stage might halt in a few years.

4 my husband. we are each other's dream come true.

5 hard boiled eggs. my latest "discovery". only 70 cal each and 6 g protein. the egg white (my preference) has only 20 cal and 4 g protein!

hotmomov4

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:07 AM

1. Tim Horton's Coffee every morning!
2. This website
3.of course my beautiful, yet stressful, 4 kids
4.my supportive husband
5. my best friend
6.my adoring pets

cheermom11

Joined Mar 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:33 AM

I just got home from having a medical procedure. Today, I'm grateful for good health insurance!

keiko

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:38 AM

I'm greatful that God has given me another day here.
That even though it is really cold outside the snow is beautiful to look at. And so are the birds that are eating crazily at the feeders.
And I am greatful that we have heat in our house.

gmpearse

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 08:56 AM

I am grateful for....
My sisters and how wonderful they have become at being mothers.
My kids that seem to amaze me every day.
My husband who has encouraged me on this fitness journey.
My job in these tough times.

goochinator

Joined Jan 2008

Mon 01/12/09 09:13 AM

What a great thread!

1. I'm grateful for my heath- that I've abused my body and I am still here!
2. I'm grateful for my job- in this economy, I'm very lucky to be where I am
3. I'm grateful for my family- the annoyances, the issues, the stress...
4. I'm grateful for another chance to being healthier
5. I'm grateful for my best four footed friend, my puppy. He makes me incredibly happy and oh! the love!
6. I'm grateful for my home, needing new carpet and a new kitchen, but I love it still.
7. I'm grateful for whatever willpower I can muster up to do the right thing.

nickybr38

Joined Nov 2008

Mon 01/12/09 09:58 AM

1. I'm grateful for my sister. No matter how busy my life gets and how little I speak to her as soon as I call her it's like we never had time apart. She's a huge constant presence in my life and she is my rock. She is also my conscience and is the first person who will tell me when I'm being immature or stupid... but she is my biggest cheerleader to and is the first person to sing my praises. I love that girl.

2. I am so grateful that I was born in this country. I think it's easy to forget how spoiled I am just to be HERE, so whenever I think of how hard life is I just think about what my life might have been like if I had been born in a poor country.

3. I'm grateful for my jobs. My bosses at both have been very understanding when I've been sick and had to take time off.

oregonlady

Joined Jan 2009

Tue 01/13/09 07:02 AM 1-13-2009

* my 14 yr son is so very independant! he does not need me to help him take care of his school related responsibilities like getting up/dressed/breakfast on school days or homework. now, how do i get him to clean his bedroom a little bit?

* split pea soup. i love that stuff. it's in the crockpot right now. it's so healthy. but i fear it may have a lotta calories. i need to look it up.

* sticky notes. i keep lists of what i need/want from costco/winco/walmart/etc... on stickys posted next to my fridge. w/ this method, it can stick around for months w/out being misplaced and is easy to get/find and i stick it on the cart when i shop so it's easy to see.

* i was born w/ a pretty face. because of the exercize/dieting i'm doing, my body might be as pretty as a 40+yr old body can get (w/out surgery). even when i was younger, i did not have a pretty body.

BrandNewLaura

Joined Jul 2008

Tue 01/13/09 07:04 AM

I do this on an online gratitude journal. ButterBeeHappy.com It's really nice because it will send you reminders to post something that you are grateful for every day. It's a great way to remember to be grateful even when things aren't going your way

GTOgirl1969

Joined Mar 2008

Tue 01/13/09 01:15 PMI'm grateful that my daughter is feeling better and able to return to school.
I'm grateful to be healthy myself.
I'm grateful for family and friends.
I'm grateful to have plenty of food to eat and a great car to drive.

keiko

Joined Sep 2008

Tue 01/13/09 01:16 PM

I'm greatful for my husband who after 15 years we are still in love.
For my daughters, I love both of them for the young women they are becoming.
For the couples in our Sunday night bible study who are our friends and support system.

Oregonlady, I am sure your husband already loves your body. The only really beautiful ones are the airbrushed ones. Everyone else has something they want to change.

Replies

• oregonlady
    Options
    !the begining of this thread was copied over from the "motivation" line. i thought it might fit better here~
    :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: silly me:tongue::tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

this is the plan:
    as much as u can, daily if possible, we should note things in life we are grateful for. ~and try not to repeat yourself.

i'll begin this thread w/

1-12-09

1 my new reading glasses that i dont like to admit i need. they enable me to sew/needlepoint.

2 my 14yr son. he does very well in school and not gotten into the wrong crowd or choose to do "bad" things.

3 my 10yr daughter. she is a wonderful little person to spend time w/ since i know the "joy w/ parents" stage might halt in a few years.

4 my husband. we are each other's dream come true.

5 hard boiled eggs. my latest "discovery". only 70 cal each and 6 g protein. the egg white (my preference) has only 20 cal and 4 g protein!

hotmomov4

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:07 AM

1. Tim Horton's Coffee every morning!
    2. This website
    3.of course my beautiful, yet stressful, 4 kids
    4.my supportive husband
    5. my best friend
    6.my adoring pets

cheermom11

Joined Mar 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:33 AM

I just got home from having a medical procedure. Today, I'm grateful for good health insurance!

keiko

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 07:38 AM

I'm greatful that God has given me another day here.
    That even though it is really cold outside the snow is beautiful to look at. And so are the birds that are eating crazily at the feeders.
    And I am greatful that we have heat in our house.

gmpearse

Joined Sep 2008

Mon 01/12/09 08:56 AM

I am grateful for....
    My sisters and how wonderful they have become at being mothers.
    My kids that seem to amaze me every day.
    My husband who has encouraged me on this fitness journey.
    My job in these tough times.

goochinator

Joined Jan 2008

Mon 01/12/09 09:13 AM

What a great thread!

1. I'm grateful for my heath- that I've abused my body and I am still here!
    2. I'm grateful for my job- in this economy, I'm very lucky to be where I am
    3. I'm grateful for my family- the annoyances, the issues, the stress...
    4. I'm grateful for another chance to being healthier
    5. I'm grateful for my best four footed friend, my puppy. He makes me incredibly happy and oh! the love!
    6. I'm grateful for my home, needing new carpet and a new kitchen, but I love it still.
    7. I'm grateful for whatever willpower I can muster up to do the right thing.

nickybr38

Joined Nov 2008

Mon 01/12/09 09:58 AM

1. I'm grateful for my sister. No matter how busy my life gets and how little I speak to her as soon as I call her it's like we never had time apart. She's a huge constant presence in my life and she is my rock. She is also my conscience and is the first person who will tell me when I'm being immature or stupid... but she is my biggest cheerleader to and is the first person to sing my praises. I love that girl.

2. I am so grateful that I was born in this country. I think it's easy to forget how spoiled I am just to be HERE, so whenever I think of how hard life is I just think about what my life might have been like if I had been born in a poor country.

3. I'm grateful for my jobs. My bosses at both have been very understanding when I've been sick and had to take time off.

oregonlady

Joined Jan 2009

Tue 01/13/09 07:02 AM 1-13-2009

* my 14 yr son is so very independant! he does not need me to help him take care of his school related responsibilities like getting up/dressed/breakfast on school days or homework. now, how do i get him to clean his bedroom a little bit?

* split pea soup. i love that stuff. it's in the crockpot right now. it's so healthy. but i fear it may have a lotta calories. i need to look it up.

* sticky notes. i keep lists of what i need/want from costco/winco/walmart/etc... on stickys posted next to my fridge. w/ this method, it can stick around for months w/out being misplaced and is easy to get/find and i stick it on the cart when i shop so it's easy to see.

* i was born w/ a pretty face. because of the exercize/dieting i'm doing, my body might be as pretty as a 40+yr old body can get (w/out surgery). even when i was younger, i did not have a pretty body.

BrandNewLaura

Joined Jul 2008

Tue 01/13/09 07:04 AM

I do this on an online gratitude journal. ButterBeeHappy.com It's really nice because it will send you reminders to post something that you are grateful for every day. It's a great way to remember to be grateful even when things aren't going your way

GTOgirl1969

Joined Mar 2008

Tue 01/13/09 01:15 PMI'm grateful that my daughter is feeling better and able to return to school.
    I'm grateful to be healthy myself.
    I'm grateful for family and friends.
    I'm grateful to have plenty of food to eat and a great car to drive.

keiko

Joined Sep 2008

Tue 01/13/09 01:16 PM

I'm greatful for my husband who after 15 years we are still in love.
    For my daughters, I love both of them for the young women they are becoming.
    For the couples in our Sunday night bible study who are our friends and support system.

Oregonlady, I am sure your husband already loves your body. The only really beautiful ones are the airbrushed ones. Everyone else has something they want to change.
  • MrsJ
    MrsJ Posts: 27
    Options
    Today I am grateful.......
    For my job in this messed up economy.
    That my hubby is back at work!
    For my son. He will be 3 soon and boy does he change day to day. He is amazing.
    For all of my in laws. They are now my very own family.
    For being able to buy and sell things on eBay!
    That right now at this very moment my tummy feels full and I don't have to pee!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    today i'm grateful for:
    (i've been doing this daily for a week now. i try not to repeat myself so it's getting tougher)

~ fun (free) www site i found last night that can help teach my 10yr daughter geography.

~ epilators. it took awhile to get used to, but i love epilation! now, i never have razor stubble, i am hair free for weeks, and less grows back every time! i highly reccomend trying it.

~ body lotion. slathering some on after a shower and/or before jammies makes me feel pretty and special. + hubby often pulls me close just to breath my wonderful sent!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for:

1. My dogs
    2. Heaters (I hate cold weather)
    3. Soft Pillows
  • oregonlady
    Options
    - i am grateful for these lists. lately, i've been going about my day and i suddenly think, "oh i should put that on a gratitude list". the small stuff counts the most for me.:tongue:

- in a few hours, i'll have a clean house. that is if i get off my but and clean it! :grumble:

- my 14 yr son is feeling healthier today (ill yesterday. 1st time in over a year!):smile:

- electricity! at 645 this morning, the electricity in my neighborhood went out! my mind started racing around thinking of how i can help my family get properly prepared for their days. after a long 30secs, the electricity came back on so life was back to normal. (besides the need for resetting some electronics):glasses:

robin:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that today is Thursday because I have Fridays off!!! Yeah!!!

I'm grateful I am here to see another day
    I'm grateful for my freinds
    I'm grateful for blankets!
  • MrsJ
    MrsJ Posts: 27
    Options
    Today I am grateful...
    That I finally paid my gym off and I am gettin my booty back in workout mode tonight!
    My intuition.
    I am not starving but eating healthy.
    My good hair days lately. :happy:
    My paychecks.
    Tolerance..patience..love..perserverance..faith..being strong...love...laughter
    SEX
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    1/16

Even though I complain about it, I'm grateful I have a job.
    Even though I complain about him, I'm grateful for my hubby. (see the trend) :laugh:
    Grateful for my daughter & family:heart:
    And Grateful for my friends, the real, the cyber & the GG's! :smooched:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    what shall i say today?

:heart: ladybugs! i love ladybugs. they are good bugs. not icky or bothersome. and they r pretty.

:smile: jiffy muffin mix. in less than a minite, i whipped up a homemaade breakfast for my family.

:happy: fridays! ~usually a relaxing day 4 me. and i get to enjoy my house i clean on thursdays for a day before it gets messy on the weekend which is often packed w/ things i need do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    I just re-read the thread. Three things. So:

I'm grateful for running hot water.

I'm grateful for fuzzy slippers.

I'm grateful for a full tummy.