A question for the ladies only ...

Options
13»

Replies

• princessthecat22
    princessthecat22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am just like you except my horrible cramps last about 2 days. I found that if I exercise before my TOM I have less severe cramps? Walking an hour a day really helps me.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

As JodaNord said, this is from www.iibc.com/hungry-period/

Studies show.....

(Not attacking the poster of this, just the premise!!!!!)

Any site that can't even cite the studies from which it gets its information is useless. How about offering up some solid science to back up these claims? I'm so sick and tired of blogs on the internet spewing those words "studies show!" Anyone can write a blog....not all of them are reputable.

:flowerforyou:

It's actually 100-300 calories and for the entire luteal phase.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&rlz=&q=menstrual+cycle+metabolism&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=160059l169857l0l171173l36l36l7l4l4l1l247l4592l0.15.9l24l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ws

This. It's from time of ovulation until your period. If you can resist the cravings it's actually a great chance to burn extra calories. Though it might not show up on the scale until you get your period or just afterwards because of the extra water retention (also caused by progesterone).
  • darrielirwin
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just wondering if you found you want to eat more when TOM is around ??? I just want to snack on anything and everything this week and havent found this before :sad:

Who is Tom? If he's making you eat more and you don't want to, I would suggest not hanging out with him any more!! My friends have to be supportive of my weight loss journey or they are no friends of mine!!

:flowerforyou:

let's not invite Tom to our wine party. he sounds like a d1ck.

There's a wine party? I hope there is no whining about periods at this party. Because really, who wants to listen to that?

THANK YOU for making me smile today! I needed it!!!! And no whining about periods allowed! :)
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This really makes so much sense today.... Yesterday I was so off I didn't do my second workout and gave-in to a chocolate chip lava cake, went over my cals by about 300... I also was so tired yesterday I could barely keep my eyes open... This morning TOM arrived.... Thats IT TOM, I'm kicking yo *kitten* today!