Has anyone else experienced this?

Options
I started another round of p90x on Monday, this time I'm doing p90x/insanity hybrid, and I've gained 3 pounds! Ugh! Has anyone else experiences this? I don't remember this happening last time. I haven't exactly been following the nutrition guide (I decided to start last minute on Monday and my fridge/pantry wasn't properly stocked yet) but I've stayed right around my calorie goal and have really been pushing myself. I try not to get so hung up on the scale, but its disappointing to see my weight headed in the wrong direction after working so hard.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    when starting a new exercise routine..its normal for your body to go into somewhat of a shock..so it retains a bit of water...it will go down..once your body isnt freaking out because of the new routine...
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes, there was a very good post about it on here this morning. Basically if you're doing more exercise than usual, your muscles retain water to repair and rebuild. Keep eating well and drinking plenty and you'll lose the water weight and see the results on the scale :)
  • emilycandoit
    Options
    When you gain muscle, you will go up too. But muscle is GOOD: it burns FAT.

Strength is important and p90x will get you strong! Go girl, go!
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I agree on the "Start new exercise" water retention theory. I did the 50 mile MS CHallenge walk last weekend (which I didn't really train for), burned 5600 calories, and was up 6 pounds on Monday. You can imagine my horror! By Thursday it was gone. So keep at it! And the muscle weighes more, like somone said........