I DID IT!!

Options
Back story: I have lost over 60 lbs but have been at a standstill for about 3 months. My goal has been to lose 100lbs in a year so I have a way to go.. on Sept 25th I weighed myself a final time and I put my scale away for the next 3 months. My present to myself on Christmas day is to jump on the scale and hopefully meet my goal. So to jump start my success my husband decided to take me to Wal*Mart and let me pick out a bike to ride around the neighborhood. I haven't rode a bike since I was 12.. we also got a bike trailer to tote the baby around in. Mind you the bike I rode when I was 12 was a single speed and this new one has 21 speeds so I have to learn to shift.. who knew that you have to peddle while shifting or it doesn't work? .. not me! lol.. my body stops moving so my brain can figure out what button to push haha.. anyway today I am super proud of myself and wanted to share.

*huffing and puffing* I did it.. I rode my bike 1.4 miles. It is very difficult learning to shift and I did stop for a quick second on a hill to get my breath, BUT I refused to walk my bike the rest of the way up (my body was seriously telling me to though) I got back on and I huffed and puffed my way up that hill (a small hill for walking but when you're trying to learn to ride a bike, its HUGE lol) and I coasted down feeling the wind in my face and feeling like I was 12 again. I am a sweaty mess and I have a long way to go but I did it!

I am 344 lbs and riding a bike around my neighborhood.. if we were to rewind to just a month ago even I would have NEVER considered doing it. I would have been ashamed of someone seeing me.. I would have heard all the kids in gradeschool laughing at me or calling me names but guess what people.. "I'M A FAT GIRL ON A BIKE.. get over it!"

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    your post made me laugh (in a good way). that is a super awesome story and I hope you continue to ride your bike. riding a bike can be such a great feeling :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:flowerforyou:
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself.
  • brimir
    Options
    Aww! I'm so happy that you kicked that bikes (and hills) butt! I have a bike in my shed, it's shiney and new, but I'm scared to ride it for the same reasons... i don't want to be the fat girl on a bike!

maybe thanks to you, I'll give it a try!
  • 160poundgirl
    Options
    Good job!!!!
  • shesonic80
    shesonic80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love it! You are so inspirational to me! I'm in the same boat as you and want to lose about 28 pounds by Christmas so i can get down to 300. I don't have the road for a bike though. I've just been intensifying my Wii Fitness Coach game. Good job and good luck!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I love your story...just keep right on peddling, girl!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you rock!
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    That is great!! You will reach and pass your goal in not time!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Well done! Great achievement and well done for putting the scales away for 3 whole months! That's awesome! I weigh once a week and it kills me waiting that long! X
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    Your story is so cute!! Congrats on riding your bike! Keep up the awesome work!! : )
  • thyatt04
    Options
    WOW !!!!! That is such a huge success.... I am so PROUD of u. I am the same as u and very shy... I am trying to. I have just been on this post for about 2 weeks and so shy that this is the first time I have ever posted.
  • thyatt04
    Options
    U GO GIRL !!!!!!! INSPIRE THE REST OF US SO WE CAN DO IT TO.. :)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Great story and congratulations! That 1st step to doing something we're not sure we can do is the hardest. But you tried and YOU DID IT! I am hoping you'll be at your goal on Christmas. Biking will certainly help get you there!! Be very proud of yourself!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have such a great personality and attitude towards yourself! You should definitely start a blog, I would follow your success in a heartbeat! And you've inspired ME to get my bike out of the shed and take a spin around the neighborhood tomorrow night!
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    yaaaahoooooooo so proud of ya. You will love your bike! (I wish when I had gotten mine I had gotten gears cuz all we have where I live is HILLS! ) So glad u r doing this! ((((((hugs)))))
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Go on with your bad self, Bike Girl. You ROCK. Hee hee....!!!
  • workingtobethin
    workingtobethin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!