Any fellow shutterbugs?

Options
auntdeedee87
auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
I've been obsessed with photography ever since I got my first cheap 35mm auto-focus camera in the 90s and posed my dog.

I've been doing the freelance/aspiring pro thing for nearly 7 years.

Any other photo junkies on here? I'd love to have someone to chat with about weight loss AND shutter speeds. ;)

Replies

• khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Mememe, OOH! Me!

My husband thinks I'm a nutcase because I could talk about photography and cameras/lenses ALL DAY LONG.

Just finished shooting a vintage hollywood inspired dressup birthday party this past weekend.

Send me a friend request!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    Really, guys? Just one person. Womp, womp.

I'm editing bridal portraits from this evening and frustrated with the fact that none of them are sharp enough. I need more photo junkies to help me solve this issue! :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I read this earlier, and wanted to respond thinking you meant this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxHsQHepgU

But I didn't wanna ruin your thread.

I've only owned regular digital cameras, but literally have thousands of pics, probably 20,000 or more.

I remember my first sony cybershot (back when digitals were really hard to find). It was 2MP...and cost $850...I was the only one outta my friends who had one.

I'm interested to see what everyone else has to say, or what pics they may have to share.

Sorry I couldn't contribute more, but enjoy that clip i posted. :glasses:
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    6196583595_c8224697a2.jpg
    MandiAlone by deeanneuhh, on Flickr
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    ^^ My sister on her wedding day.
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    A few more random shots:

6197101252_c8c308aa85.jpg
    Portfolio1 by deeanneuhh, on Flickr

6196589315_3b18b01f0d.jpg
    TAYMKF43R9435 by deeanneuhh, on Flickr

6197102486_215cf1a6e2.jpg
    PreggoManda by deeanneuhh, on Flickr
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I read this earlier, and wanted to respond thinking you meant this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxHsQHepgU

But I didn't wanna ruin your thread.

I've only owned regular digital cameras, but literally have thousands of pics, probably 20,000 or more.

I remember my first sony cybershot (back when digitals were really hard to find). It was 2MP...and cost $850...I was the only one outta my friends who had one.

I'm interested to see what everyone else has to say, or what pics they may have to share.

Sorry I couldn't contribute more, but enjoy that clip i posted. :glasses:

Haha, cute!

I had a Cybershot at one point too. Although my first digital camera, ever, was this $20.00, like -121212 mp thing that was shaped like a thick pen. It was awful. Haha.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love to take pic's but I have not got in to camera's extensively,,, Would love to though I love taking pictures! I have something like 5000 pics of my family on my comp alone, My Digital is my vice but my 2 year old broke my screen the other day so looks like I will be on the hunt for a new camera soon!
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    6197102486_215cf1a6e2.jpg
    PreggoManda by deeanneuhh, on Flickr

Love this shot!!!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Oh! Me! Me! Me!

I won a contest a few years back on Georgia Outdoors and they showed several of my shots on tv. Which was really cool. And thus began my addiction.

I went Digital when my yougest was born (over 5 years ago) and have added it to my video business.

I do mostly dance stuff, seniors, and recently filmed and shot a wedding. (which turned out great.)

My favorite thing to shot (which doesn't pay the bills) is Nature.

I am trying to decide when I am gonna shoot my running shoes on my favorite trail. Soon, I think, while the leaves are falling.
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    This is my Fav. lately
    101_5442-1.jpg
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    This is my Fav. lately
    101_5442-1.jpg

Aw, cute! I love pictures of young ones, I have so many of my youngest niece because I have her 2 days a week.

Here is a teaser from my bridal shoot yesterday!

6198395026_007dfc0d8a.jpg
    Bridals14 by deeanneuhh, on Flickr
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    A few more random shots:

This is really beautiful!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    A few more random shots:

This is really beautiful!

Thank you! That couple was so fun. They were both ARMY, so we went very patriotic. That is one of my favorite shots I've ever taken!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the process of composing and capturing the shot...............................
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    I enjoy the process of composing and capturing the shot...............................

My favorite is when I get this ...IDEA... in my head, and I get the resources/people and get to set it up and make it happen, bring it to life. It's a rush.
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    This is my Fav. lately
    101_5442-1.jpg

Aw, cute! I love pictures of young ones, I have so many of my youngest niece because I have her 2 days a week.

Here is a teaser from my bridal shoot yesterday!

6198395026_007dfc0d8a.jpg
    Bridals14 by deeanneuhh, on Flickr

Thank you so much and that is a very good pic hun!
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    This is a good example of what I mean by having the idea and making it happen. I had this mental image of a girl silhouetted at sunset, throwing her arms up to the sky, with birds and vibrant colors.

It took an hour, and I was barefoot in November with frozen toes and rolled-up jeans, wet to the thigh, laying on my coat because the sand was wet... But I got the shot.

6198044793_af6493a16a.jpg
    beach7 by deeanneuhh, on Flickr
  • wannabesexymama
    Options
    It was worth every min of it though!! Its very nice and I like the pregnancy one the best I think but that one would be great for a Here I am god shot for someone who is christian. I would call that one connection to god, :bigsmile:
  • auntdeedee87
    Options
    It was worth every min of it though!! Its very nice and I like the pregnancy one the best I think but that one would be great for a Here I am god shot for someone who is christian. I would call that one connection to god, :bigsmile:

The girl who is in it is my friend Amanda who is very religious-- I have an edited copy with a Bible verse on the empty space. I wish I could find it or remember the verse.

It makes sense though, the beach is where I feel the closest with God -- all that rushing water, so powerful yet so beautiful, meeting the horizon who knows how many miles away, birds flying overhead. God is all around you out there.