Home spin bike advice

Options
Hiya,

I have just recently bought a carrera 2011 road bike (for outside) and am doing a commute to work 3 days a week: monday, wednesday and friday of 20 miles round trip.

On top of this i have bought a spin bike to do some additional exercise when at home and when i am not commuting. Any advice for using a spin bike, i have never actually used one before?!

x

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure to vary your workout a lot. Use different resistances and speeds, and some interval training would be beneficial.
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I have just recently bought a carrera 2011 road bike (for outside) and am doing a commute to work 3 days a week: monday, wednesday and friday of 20 miles round trip.

On top of this i have bought a spin bike to do some additional exercise when at home and when i am not commuting. Any advice for using a spin bike, i have never actually used one before?!

x
    I want to buy a spin bike too. What kind did you get? I am going to all different sites to check prices.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Check out www.spinervals.com

I bring my road bike inside during the winter & use a trainer. I love Coach Troy & have several of his DVD's. :smile:
  • bopper
    bopper Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'll check this out. My problem is I have to carry my outside bike upstairs in order to be able to use it with the TV and I would rather just get a regular spinning bike I can wheel away into the spare bedroom where we have TV. I am going to try and keep riding outside as long as I can, we get tons of snow here so probably not much longer.