Still Confused...

Options
I have read and re read and read the links about eating your calories and BMR and I'm still so confused...

My BMR is 2,080 per day.
My daily goal is 1200 calories per day
My daily calories burned is 223.

So... I need to eat the 1200 calories, and the 223 calories, if I burn that much?

Sorry, I am a blonde!!

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I have read and re read and read the links about eating your calories and BMR and I'm still so confused...

My BMR is 2,080 per day.
    My daily goal is 1200 calories per day
    My daily calories burned is 223.

So... I need to eat the 1200 calories, and the 223 calories, if I burn that much?

Sorry, I am a blonde!!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Yes - you eat your 1200 calories plus however many you exercise. That's the plan :smile:
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Yes - you eat your 1200 calories plus however many you exercise. That's the plan :smile:

K, Thanks! Man that's weird. Never done it that way before.. Guess that's why i'm still fat!!
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    Or don't eat the extra calories you burn every day.... Just every other day, every 2 days etc.. Make an odd pattern then your body will be confused and you will burn more fat, and lose more weight. Muscle weights more than fat. Best wishes and keep up the great work!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

K, Thanks! Man that's weird. Never done it that way before.. Guess that's why i'm still fat!!

Remember you can log your excercise and it will automatically add calories to your daily amount on your food log.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I have another question...

I don't have a heart monitor.. So I am trying to find an accurate calorie burner calculator.

MFP says for 35 minutes of walking at 3.0 I burn 178 calories at 204lbs, but another calculator says 235... What should go by? I don't want to eat more then I should by eating the other 235 calories..... but it only being 178... Amy making any sense?
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    The whole idea is how much of a caloric deficit you have. You don't want to have a deficit of more than 1,000 calories in a day (2lbs a week) because it's unhealthy. So if a person naturally burns 2,200 calories and eats 1,200 that's already a deficit of 1,000 and exercise calories should be eaten.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have another question...

I don't have a heart monitor.. So I am trying to find an accurate calorie burner calculator.

MFP says for 35 minutes of walking at 3.0 I burn 178 calories at 204lbs, but another calculator says 235... What should go by? I don't want to eat more then I should by eating the other 235 calories..... but it only being 178... Amy making any sense?

Because it's not a huge difference between the two, you should go with the lower number.
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Okay sorry but that was funny! :laugh:
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options

Okay sorry but that was funny! :laugh:

lol... Well, it makes since.. I never been able to stick with the calorie diet, always wanting to snack.. Well, DUH! I was starving myself,, in a way.. So that's why i'm fat..

Hubby home gotta cook supper! BBL