dieting.. Foods.

Okay So 1 week in i am finding it hard to Prepare anything myself and Know its Good for me calorie wise i mean i can Input a meal here and there and recipes but its not so accurate i am thinking so I have been trying to stick to Basic packaged foods but they have So much sodium and such, so What i am trying to create for myself is 3 meals for each meal, So for breakfast for example I often eat
Breakfast
1 package of instant oatmeal,
half a box of rasins in it,
1 glass of milk
1 bagel and
1.5 servings of butter

Thats costing me 715 calories. Not sure if this is good or bad. But i want to figure out 2 other breakfasts I can eat so i have 3 i can switch between and i want to do the same with lunch and dinner, My personal calories allowed per day is 2460 before excercise what 5 should go to each meal? Does anyone have Any easy Meals they can suggest?

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    some breakfast ideas that I use (keep in mind that my target is 1270 without exercise, so you might want to adjust this upwards):

2 eggs, cooked in 1/3 pat of butter.
    1 cup of raspberries or blueberries (or 1/2 cup of each)

about 250 calories

roughly 4 tablespoons of smucker's natural crunchy peanut butter spread on celery. (420)
    1 cup of berries (80)

roughly 500 calories with the fruit; 420 without it

1 portion of Protein Freeze (1/3 cup) mixed with water (130)
    1 cup of berries or a banana (80-100)

roughly 230 calories

when I'm "on", those are my primary 3 breakfast meals.

one thing you could do to add calories to breakfast #1 would be to use 1 or 2 smart bagels or sandwich thins (each 100 cal)...and put your eggs on them. I try to limit my bread/grain intake, so I rarely add the smart bagel or sandwich thin...but sometimes I use one.
  • zta1989
    zta1989 Posts: 36 Member
    I have turkey bacon every morning and change up what I eat with it. Sometimes I have half a bagel and other times I'll do scrambled eggs or steel-cut oatmeal (which you can also buy in instant packets). The oatmeal + bagel is a pretty carb-heavy combo that can leave you hungry sooner than you'd like. I'd add some protein for sure and cut one of the carbs.

If you don't like to cook on the stove, you can do scrambled eggs easily in the microwave in a coffee mug:
    2 eggs (or 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters substitute)
    2 TBSP milk
    2 TBSP shredded cheddar cheese
    salt & pepper to taste

1. Coat a 12-oz microwave-safe coffee mug with cooking spray. Add the eggs & milk and beat until blended.
    2. Microwave on high for 45 seconds and stir. Microwave for about another 30-45 seconds longer until the eggs are set.
    3. Top with the cheese and season with the salt & pepper.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    I would use regular oat meal and ditch the processed brand. I also would not have that bagal. Add more protein .
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    I would ditch the bagel and butter and replace it with a piece of fruit or something to cut some of the calories. I usually have oatmeal and fruit or scrambled eggs (one whole and one white only) on wheat toast with some fresh basil a little fresh mozzarella and some tomato slices or sometimes if I'm in a real hurry just a yogurt and a granola bar. I have a hard time with breakfast too but those are a few that work for me!
  • morisato
    morisato Posts: 9 Member
    Okay So maybe i will go get some Bananas, and like so
    Banana
    Oatmeal w/ a few rasins in it ( makes it so much more yummy)
    Milk 1 glass. 1%
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    1C yogurt with 2 pieces or 1C of fruit