Is there a safe way to thaw chicken without a microwave?

Options
OK I do my menues a few days in advance...I planned homemade buffalo wings tonight and I was so looking forward to them...well.........I just realized that I frgot to thaw the chicken and I dont have a microwave lol.

So is there a another way to thaw that is fast and safe? Or should I just put them in the fridge and wait untill tommorow night?

TIA

Replies

• Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    OK I do my menues a few days in advance...I planned homemade buffalo wings tonight and I was so looking forward to them...well.........I just realized that I frgot to thaw the chicken and I dont have a microwave lol.

So is there a another way to thaw that is fast and safe? Or should I just put them in the fridge and wait untill tommorow night?

TIA
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Put them in a plastic zipper bag and float them in warm water for awhile.

You're not supposed to use hot water (not really sure why) but I have in the past and am still alive- and it's faster.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Put them in a plastic zipper bag and float them in warm water for awhile.

You're not supposed to use hot water (not really sure why) but I have in the past and am still alive- and it's faster.

Ditto. :ohwell:

Still alive, no food poisoning ever.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Me too! Gotta love hot water!!
    Options
    You can also bake the wings while they are still frozen. I know it does take a little bit longer but you should also notice that your buffalo wings will be alot more moist
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you plan to do with the chicken wings (sauce wise)...boil it. It'll cook it for you and thaw it all at the same time. Then add the sauce? Or bake for a little bit with the sauce on? not sure how you personally do that.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I have always thawed chicken in a plastic bag in a bowl of hot water. It takes about 20 minutes and, yep (pinches self) - still alive and well!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm with those who immerse those in the water. Works like a charm!
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    lol, ok I am glad you are all still alive :)

OK I think ill try the bag in water. I am planning to broil them to get crispy and then coat in sauce.

Thanks for all the answers Im going to start thawing now:)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I cook chicken with skin when frozen

or the immersing in water works too