Ab issues

Options
My stomach is my biggest (and I mean, biggest) problem area, so I was wondering if anyone knew any good foods or exercises to help me work on it?
I've looked them up before but a lot of them are impossible to follow or written vaguely, so I was hoping for advice.

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    It's my understanding that you can't really "spot reduce", so... you just need to work in cardio to help burn the fat. Your body determines where that fat fall off first. However, you can do different types of crunches to help strengthen the muscles in your abdomen... so when the fat is gone, you will be more tone in that area.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's my understanding that you can't really "spot reduce", so... you just need to work in cardio to help burn the fat. Your body determines where that fat fall off first. However, you can do different types of crunches to help strengthen the muscles in your abdomen... so when the fat is gone, you will be more tone in that area.

This is partially correct.. I say that because you need more than cardio. You need both weight training and cardio and the only way to get rid of fat from the stomach is overall lowering your body fat. Cardio doesn't do that like muscle does. Muscle is what increases your metabolism which will burn more calories.

Now, if you can strengthen your Core (knees to chest), it can help definition once you eliminate the body fat. I feel you pain, my stomach is the last area in my body that gets rid of fat. Heck, I am single digit body fat in most area's of my body but stomach I am 16%.