Costume size! HELP!

Options
SOooooo..i've been dropping inches left and right. I've dropped 2 pants sizes this past month (YES!!!)...anyway...I have a Halloween party coming up on Oct. 15th. I am nervous about choosing a size in my costume. I have to order it today...and i'm torn between the size I was....and knowing I will most likely lose more in the next couple weeks. I don't want it to look too big...and def. not too small. And the difference in sizes....is up to the hips measurement ...a M/L fit up to a 40....and an XL fits up to a 42....i'm at 41............help me decide

Replies

• jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Can you wear Spanx or control-top tights under your costume? If so, I would definitely go for the smaller size.
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It has a slit almost to the thigh.....Possibly. I've also upped my walking/running to 6 1/4 miles a day starting last Monday.....I think you're right...I should just go with the smaller one....
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Can you order both and return the one that doesn't fit?
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Always order bigger......costumes tend to run small, even with the "measurements" like dress clothing...can't tell you how many times i ordered what i should and had it be too small.....
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If possible, read some reviews of it....buycostumes.com usually has reviews for about any costume you could want....That'll tell you if it fits loose or tight.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Costumes do fit small and the polyester and other non-breathable materials used usually have very little stretch. Honestly I would go with a bigger size otherwise your body may not even physically fit and that’s not a comment as to whatever fat you have on your body but your actual bones and shape.

An even better idea is to find a store that will let you try them on OR, actually many stores will let you buy costumes and they do allow returns if it is done at least 2 weeks prior to Halloween (i.e. Party Packagers) so you can buy 2 sizes in store of any costume then decide afterwards what your general size is and order online the costume you can’t find in stores.