Healthy "Pig-Out"

Options
2»

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have been downing peaches like they are going out of style... wait.. they are going out of season... NOOOOOOOOO :sad:

Seriously, I have ate almost 4lbs of peaches in 4 days :smile:
  • emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i actually did this the other night i wanted to have a snack sooooo bad water just wasnt cutting it so i got some celery and reduced fat cottage cheese and went to town felt kinda bad about it but hell at least it wasnt ice cream
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If i miss breakfast I make a huge plate of fruit kinda like a mini fruit salad ( bananas,Strawberries,grapes,and blueberries) and have that with Greek yogurt. It has the calories of a meal without being heavy. If i'm having baked chicken or fish i will eat as much vegetables until i'm full lol
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    protein fluff
    OK...what is protein fluff?

these are basic recipes, but really there are a million ways to make it

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

http://www.proteinfluff.com/pages/recipes/
    I was gonna ask the same thing! Sound interesting!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? That even applies with healthy stuff. In my opinion there is really no healthy way to pig out, too much of any one thing healthy or bad is not good. Believe me I have binged. My suggestion is to try and overcome it, chew some gum drink a cup of coffee, do something to keep you from thinking about it. I know it doesnt always work cause it doesnt always for me. Sometimes we just have to give in a little in order not to crash and burn hard!! Try a little bit of something and wait a few minutes and see how it goes!!! Goodluck!

Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? - Ouch I think there was a nicer way to say that

I could be totally wrong but I think it was just a light hearted question thrown out by the OP, not a cry for help from a binge eater. We all have those days where we get carried away (baked Lays potato chips are my weakness). YES everything in moderation I agree! But every once in awhile......some of us have those oooops I went way overboard days
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? That even applies with healthy stuff. In my opinion there is really no healthy way to pig out, too much of any one thing healthy or bad is not good. Believe me I have binged. My suggestion is to try and overcome it, chew some gum drink a cup of coffee, do something to keep you from thinking about it. I know it doesnt always work cause it doesnt always for me. Sometimes we just have to give in a little in order not to crash and burn hard!! Try a little bit of something and wait a few minutes and see how it goes!!! Goodluck!

Relax....

.......this was supposed to be a fun post. Not an "OMG I CAN'T STOP BINGE EATING" shout out for help

LOL, I just posted almost the same thing:)))))))
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Anything from my organic veggie garden.
  • elysecea
    Options
    I see that what I said was taken so outta of context from what I meant to say...am I wrong for thinking that "pig out" is kinda like goin on a binge....and from one woman to another we all know there are certain times of the month that are really hard not to pig out...I know for me atleast. I was honestly just trying to help and I meant no harm...please accept my apology. I meant to offend or hurt noone.

Have you ever heard of the term "everything in moderation"? - Ouch I think there was a nicer way to say that

I could be totally wrong but I think it was just a light hearted question thrown out by the OP, not a cry for help from a binge eater. We all have those days where we get carried away (baked Lays potato chips are my weakness). YES everything in moderation I agree! But every once in awhile......some of us have those oooops I went way overboard days
  • elysecea
    Options
    I see that what I said was taken so outta of context from what I meant to say...am I wrong for thinking that "pig out" is kinda like goin on a binge....and from one woman to another we all know there are certain times of the month that are really hard not to pig out...I know for me atleast. I was honestly just trying to help and I meant no harm...please accept my apology. I meant to offend or hurt noone.

• nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    For me it's bananas, fruit smoothies and peaches. They tend to fill me up more, wheras i find raw veggies (as much as i love Them) can often leave me hungrier and craving other foods. I've had one of these days today actually where I've just wanted to eat all day! I've managed to only go 75 cals over, but I don't feel as if I have stopped eating today! Thankfully the bowl of lentil soup seems to have really filled me up...maybe I should have eaten it earlier!!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    :noway:

protein fluff
    OK...what is protein fluff?

these are basic recipes, but really there are a million ways to make it

http://www.leangains.com/2010/09/high-protein-recipes-and-jack3d-review.html

http://www.proteinfluff.com/pages/recipes/
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA! I just bought peaches and they were yucky :(
    I have been downing peaches like they are going out of style... wait.. they are going out of season... NOOOOOOOOO :sad:

Seriously, I have ate almost 4lbs of peaches in 4 days :smile:
  • paperpromisesx3
    Options
    ArticZero Ice cream --- 150 calories for an entire pint - duh!

Thank you SO much for suggesting this! This sounds great!
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Huge salads, cucumbers, tons of cherries, sugar snap peas, strawberries, raspberries and apples. Actually, almost every fruit.

My favourite pig-out is buying a fresh pineapple, slicing it into tiny pieces, and eating as much as I can.

Also popcorn.

Yum!!
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    A huge bowl of a spiralized zuchini with some onion chopped up and lots of mushrooms.

7 banana smoothie. Yummmm. :love:

2 big mangoes.

An entire mini watermelon.

Things like that.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Home made salads of all fresh spinach, veggies and then some sort of cooked lean protein.

Or, the more expensive version, head to Sweet Tomatoes with the hubby. All you can eat salad bar. I avoid the breads/soups/pastas and just take a few trips through the salad section.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    Grapes
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    mmmmm... tomatoes with slices of avocado!