REWARDS

Options
How do you reward yourself for sticking to your plan? How often do you reward yourself?

Replies

• dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The scale rewards me!!
  • Nikki881
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 25 lbs, so I reward myself every 5 lbs. First with a new pair of earrings, then with a new ring, then shoes, a dress, and finally a new pair of skinny jeans!
  • Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    i set goal weights and I never reward myself with food!

15lbs new running shoes
    30lbs new workout clothes
    50lbs new boots
    etc...
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My biggest rewards are not what I get to do....but what's happened to me! The scale goes down = reward! My pants are loose = reward! I can keep up with my kids = reward! I can ride my horse longer, faster, farther = reward! It's all those little things that reward me :smile:
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Here's a few ideas:
    For every lb lost, put an amount of money in a bank for new clothes. 1lb could = $5 if you can do that!
    Buy a bead for every lb lost and make a necklace after losing all the weight.
    Spa days or shopping trips for a certain amount of weight.

In the past I've rewarded myself with new shoes, a HRM and a new water bottle...all having to do with exercise so that it keeps me motivated!!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I shop for new clothes! Its very rewarding. Also, I don't just reward myself for pounds lost. If I stick to my plan a solid seven days and make it to the gym 5x and stay under my calorie goal, I'll go get a pedicure or a massage. For every twenty pounds, I've done new clothes and/or things like perfume, makeup, etc., because I am a material kinda girl. After I was 80 lbs down and I passed an important karate test/milestone (physically demanding) I had a night out on the town complete with drinks and the works - just made sure I was back on the plan the next morning.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I wish I could reward myself with some new running shoes. I run 3-5 miles 5days a week & my shoes are 8 years old :O I know, so bad! The funds aren't there at the moment. So I tell myself the biggest reward is reaching my goal.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is so much a reward as it will be a necessity. I told me hubby that if I reach my goal weight by me birthday (end of January) He's taking me on a shopping spree! Funny thing is, I don't know what I want my goal weight to be. It's beyond my ticker, my ticker is set to a healthy BMI.

Oh, Oh, Oh!!!! I've been thinking about getting a WOMANs Dallas Cowboys jersey for Christmas if I can shrink my boobs down small enough to fit it....hahahaha! Does that count?