What is the 30 day shred all about????

Options
What do you do for the 30 shred and what results can you get??

Thanks guys x

Replies

• JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    3 levels that get increasingly harder. You do 1 level for 10 days then move to the next. Within each level is 3 circuits that follow a 3-2-1 format. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. The strength is usually one major move (like a push up) and then one compound move (squat with press). There is also a quick warm up and cooldown. The workout portion itself is only about 20 minutes give or take. Q

ETA: I'm down 7 pounds since I started last Monday. But I'm also doing some additional workouts and eating correctly. I've noticed inch lost as well but I will measure on Sunday which is the halfway mark. The videos also has 2 people with her. One is doing the advanced and one is doing the modified. So you can do what you feel comfortable with. Q
  • newme1989
    newme1989 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) seems amazing and the fact that its approx 20 mins long each day is not going to be to dreadfull :) when do you do the workout, morning/evening, before/after food?? x
  • songbird1973
    Options
    It is a really good workout but allow around 30 minutes because of warm up and cool down are not included in the 20 minutes. I usually do evenings do to my schedule and I'm really not a morning workout kind of person.
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    Thanks :) seems amazing and the fact that its approx 20 mins long each day is not going to be to dreadfull :) when do you do the workout, morning/evening, before/after food?? x
    Don't let the 20 minutes fool you. You will sweat and feel it. LOL If I'm able to get up in the morning, I do it on an empty stomach with just some water or a cup of gatorade. If I do it at night, I try to make sure it's been at least 2 hours since I last ate something. After in the morning, I drink a protein shake. I do the same in the evening or sometimes I eat some chicken breast and a small salad. Q
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    3 levels that get increasingly harder. You do 1 level for 10 days then move to the next. Within each level is 3 circuits that follow a 3-2-1 format. 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs. The strength is usually one major move (like a push up) and then one compound move (squat with press). There is also a quick warm up and cooldown. The workout portion itself is only about 20 minutes give or take. Q

ETA: I'm down 7 pounds since I started last Monday. But I'm also doing some additional workouts and eating correctly. I've noticed inch lost as well but I will measure on Sunday which is the halfway mark. The videos also has 2 people with her. One is doing the advanced and one is doing the modified. So you can do what you feel comfortable with. Q

Thanks so much for this clear answer!
  • Corruptkitten
    Corruptkitten Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for it you will see lots come up. Lot's of people have posted great pics of their success and it looks pretty good. I am currently on Day 9 of Level 1 and I am down 4.5lbs since I started. I try to get a good amount of cardio in at least 3-4 days a week as well also. Look at some of the pics and you will pick up a DVD and try yourself, I am sure of it ;)
  • ems152
    ems152 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's an exercise DVD by Jillian Michaels. You can get it from amazon. You will need some hand weights to do it. Anywhere from 2-5 Ib each. You do the video every days for 30 days as described in a previous post. Jillian also does other DVDs. I have just done my 4th day and loving it.
  • jennyjaws
    Options
    I must try this! I have heard so many positive stories about it. Thanks ladies!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    freaking HAAAAAATE this workout video! HATE HATE HATE, I did it for 10 days (7 days level 1, 3 days level 2); quite frankly I much rather work out 60-90mins each day than this 20 min workout. I hate her voice and the way she talks, it becomes annoying very fast, and you start assosiating things she is saying with timing, makes the workout miserable. I tried this workout because of great result pictures I saw, but ended up despising this workout, the only positive thing is that it's only 20 min even thought it feels like 3 hours.

On other hand I love Turbo Jam is amazing, it's so fun and just as great of workout and I love the trainer, and it produces just as good results measurements and weight loss wise, I lost 8 1/2'' in 15 days of Turbo Jam (15lbs lost, I wasn't eating my calories back for a little while but do now, I never feel hungry after this workout in fact the opposite), and 5'' in 10 days of 30DS (3lbs lost). With 20 min of 30DS after I had no energy left to do anything-not even to do dishes, while after 90mins of Turbo Jam I had ton of energy to do anything.

Also, 30DS really screwed with my knees and ankles, in fact I think it's because of it my ankle is ****ed up right now; and believe I never have these sort of problems from working out, never until 30DS. To top it all off it put me into terrible mood after, you'll be in a lot of soreness and pain after, it made me super moody and ***** afterwards, my bf lives to tell, lol.
    The best part Turbo Jam makes me LOVE working out and puts me in great mood after, while 30DS makes me hate working out. Plus the calorie burn is so low, I burn more doing 20 mins of Turbo Jam Abs video than 24mins (this is how long it is with warm-up and cool down) of 30 DS.

But everyone is different you make love her, it all depends on how you like to feel during and after the workout.
    Either way you will get great results if you put the hard work into it!