Carb grams

Options
I know on Mark's Daily Apple they say that the sweet spot of carbs is 50-100g but should it change depending on your size? Is there a sweet spot percentage?

Replies

• daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The shirt answer is no.

Every single person is different in what their body needs and how it reacts to carbs (and everything else). I lowered my carbs and upped my protein and fat and gained weight. Upped my carbs again and I'm losing again. My mom-in-law only loses if she's doing super low carb and gains everythin back as soon as carbs come back into the picture.

Sadly, there is no one answer, no single sweet spot and no easy way to find out what works best for you other than trial and error. There are lots of ratios out there, most average ones will have your carbs somewhere around the 40ish% range. But the only way to know what works for you is to set everything up to one ratio, try it for awhile, and then adjust from there if it doesn't seem to be working.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Is that "sweet spot" to lose or maintain your weight?

I try to keep my carbs below 90 grams per day and I eat about 1200-1300 calories per day. I can't seem to lose weight if I'm eating more than 150 grams per day, no matter how few calories I eat.