Help me choose my new goal weight:

Options
Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in about two weeks. I had been stalled out for a while at 128 lb, and it was making me depressed. I made some small changes (changing to sedentary and logging all my exercise rather than just going with lightly active), and this morning I was surprised to find that I had met my goal weight of 125 lb.

Where should I go from here? I was originally planning on losing just ten pounds, and staying at 125. I thought I'd just be happy to be under 130 lb. Now I'm unsure.

My BMI is currently at 23.6. My hip to waist ratio is healthy. My body fat percentage is also healthy, although not ideal, I suppose. I would list my frame size as medium, if pressed. I've always been very hourglassy, and therefore don't expect to get below 115 lb, although I could be wrong.

I could concentrate on exercise right now, but I grow increasingly busy as university continues. What do you think? Should I lose a bit more? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Replies

• Jiv7
    Jiv7 Posts: 36
    Options
    Get ripped!
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Get ripped!

Ha ha, thanks!! I just might try.
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well you are in the healthy BMI range which is brilliant. You could always lose a little bit more and see how you feel.
    Or just maintain at 125 with exercise & healthy eating.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Maybe maintain your weight and just tone up a bit. :o)
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    Thank you!! Yeah, I'm not sure what to do. If I do lose more, I don't think it will be very much anyways. But maintenance would be nice, too.

Either way, toning up is probably something I should look into.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My BMI was about a 24 when I started... I have a small frame though, so it looked pretty flabby on me. I'm trying to get down to a 19-20 BMI... but really, it just depends on your body. Shooting for another 5 lbs wouldn't be unhealthy... then again, staying where you are is fine as well. So... I guess I'm not being very helpful. lol
  • perceptualobfuscator
    Options
    My BMI was about a 24 when I started... I have a small frame though, so it looked pretty flabby on me. I'm trying to get down to a 19-20 BMI... but really, it just depends on your body. Shooting for another 5 lbs wouldn't be unhealthy... then again, staying where you are is fine as well. So... I guess I'm not being very helpful. lol

No, I really do appreciate the input. At this point it's hard for me to judge my appearance well - I feel like I look the same. On the other hand, most of my sizing has changed. So this is why I need outside opinions!!

I was thinking of doing around 5 lbs more, but I'm not sure. Thanks for your help.